2.23.2008

Hunting

When I watch HGTV, I watch those shows that have couples looking for a new home.  They spend all day looking at houses and I can't help but think, "That actually looks sort of fun, I wish I could spend a day looking at homes".  Yeah, well - I got to do that yesterday and let me tell you something, it can wear you out!  Our dear friend Adam (who is the best Realtor ever) took us around Pleasant Grove yesterday afternoon so we could look at some homes we were interested in.  Adam was very patient since it's clear that I'm super picky.  Cody and I had chosen about 6 homes and we visited them all.  Some had some nice features, some had great kitchens, some had horrible decor and some had huge yards, but none of them really stood out as a favorite.  (Mark, are you really going to move to PG?  Lets be neighbors!).  Finally, we visited the last one on the list - and this is they one we like the best:

We both really like the layout and the basement is unfinished (something we wanted), and the best of that is it has all the electric work done and it's already been framed - sweet!  There is also a place for a wetbar, anyone want to come over for a fruit frappe'?



It is a smidge dated...lots of things have been painted forest green and the hardware is brass, but that is fixable.  It's got a nice sized yard, it's in a good area, lots of good features...I'm a fan!
  
We can't do anything too crazy since our house isn't even UP for sale yet.  Which also means I have lots of projects ahead of me to get our house ready to go on the market.  Nothing too serious, just a few things here and there.  It's still sort of weird to me that we're going to be moving - but move we must.  And until we find our dream house, the hunt is on!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Hey...you'll be moving closer!

Mark said...

I'm glad you saw one you liked.

Yes, we've been looking in PG, off and on, for a year now. Closer to IKEA for me and getting a place of our own instead of renting, you know? Anyway, toss us a bone if you see anything snazzy that you don't want. ;)

Jessica said...

Jewels- I like the house. It looks pretty great. Good luck, I know you're up for the task! Love you!

Lucrecia said...

Jewels, that's so exciting! You have great taste. I'm sure you will end up with something most excellent!

Brittany said...

So cute! I am so excited for you guys! There is nothing like a new home and a new start. It's very refreshing. I do have to say that I will miss having you so close even though we never took advantage of it at all!

Unknown said...

so fun to be house hunting! i wish i were. i told my hubby let's just put our house up and see what happends... just for fun..

Angie said...

awesome, julia. i love it.