7.14.2009

1824 No More


Crazy.  Everything is crazy right now!  I have put off blogging for too long, so I thought I would start from the beginning.  There will be MANY posts this week...I have so much to blog about!  So check back often and here we go...

After Ragnar we had 3 days to move out of our house.  I really thought it would go smoother than it did...you always think that, right?  Luckily we had TONS of help (esp. from our friend, Chase - thanks, man!) and we worked constantly.  We have SO much stuff.  Too much.

On the last day the new owners showed up with their family and asked if they could move a few things into the Master Bedroom.  We had to make a garbage run anyway, so we went outside to get in the truck as they started to move stuff in.  Seeing that...I broke.  I was surprised that I had that reaction, but it was hard to see other people moving into that  home.  My home.  Where we spent our first years, where my sons were born, where we had friends over and hosted so many parties.  Cody held me as I cried...I'm sure the exhaustion was also to blame!  I got control of myself and Cody and I stayed up until the wee hours finishing everything up.  The boys were troopers, watching a show while Cody and I worked around them. 

Here are some before and after shots of our vacant house...so weird to see it all empty.

Living Room


Cache's Room


Cole's Room


Family Room




After we were done, I walked through and said Goodbye to the house.  I didn't cry, that time.  I spent a few moments in each room...running my hand along the walls.  We've been back a few times to grab some last minute things and it feels different each time we go.  It's not ours anymore, and hopefully the new owners will love it as much as we did.

8 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

That is SO crazy. I loved that house . . . but I can't wait to meet your new one!

I did the same thing when we moved out of our old house on Electra. It was so hard to say goodbye and think of all the work and love that went into that house.

Every time we sneak in a drive by the old house I hope the owners are taking good care of it!

Black Honey Vintage said...

When I sold my house on 200N I cried for three days. You're a bigger man than I.

Muzikal Mama said...

Oh my dear Jewels, I feel for you. When we left our place in CT it was so hard... we spent the last night sleeping on the floor of the family room. I have pictures of the kids (so little!) with the dogs...

I'm not a mover. I'd like to just stay put. But, recent circumstances being as they have been, I am beginning to learn that the house is not the home. Cliche - yes. Trite - yes. True - yes. Good luck and can't wait to see the new place!

Lucrecia said...

Oh that is sad! I can definately relate Jewels! I can't wait to see pics of your new house :)

Unknown said...

Its nice that the memories you mad in that home will forever be cherrished! You will have many more days to create new memories in a new place you will call home. I know its sad to move on, from anything in life. Good luck!

sue-donym said...

We went to go visit the new girl that moved in and I almost started crying when I walked in. I MISS YOU!!! It's just not the same.

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

Yippee- post pics of the NEW house now! I can't wait!

Pedersen Family said...

Moving is so much work! I know what you mean though. When we moved from I first house I cried too. I don't know if you've read the Anne of Green Gables series, but I felt like Anne when she leaves her, "house of dreams". It was where Tim and I spent our first few years together and where we had brought our babies home to. We can't wait to see your new home and if you haven't moved in yet, let us know because we're around now and ready to help.