7.03.2012

Strawberry Days

Another Strawberry Days has come and gone and we were kept busy as usual.  Before the week began, I was asked to design some shirts for the Fire Department to sell to the locals.  They haven't had a new design in years, so I was happy to step up!  After I created the initial design, Cody and I decided to make some for the Firefighters as well as the Fire Wives:

The Chief loved them and sent them off to the printers.  More on that later...

Thursday night we went to the Rodeo and had a great time, the boys loved it and one of their favorite moments was when some motocross riders came and did some jumps.  I've always loved that and it was hilarious hearing my boys yell, "Wooooooow!!  Look at that, that was AWESOME!!".  Guess it's time to take them to some Supercross and Motocross goodness.  After the bull riding they turned all the lights off and shot off fireworks.  It was quite the impressive show!  And how nerdy am I, but I loved that little moment as Cody and I were holding hands with our boys sitting between us.  Good times.

Saturday was the parade and Cache got to ride in the huge fire truck.  Afterwards we went to the Fire Station for the PGFD BBQ and lo, what's this?  The shirts!  The shirts I designed!  Most of the fire wives had them on (including me) and many of the fireman were wearing theirs.  Yay!  Success!

Saturday night we went back to the carnival for one last hurrah on the rides and then watched some fireworks....




Such a fun week to look forward to each Summer...and now we have fancy shirts to remember it by.

No comments: