11.25.2009

Thankful


It's been non-stop over here lately...that always seems to be the case. But we're not going to talk about the craziness! No, no. We are going to touch on the things I am so grateful for.

How I adore my family. My darling sons who are so patient with me because they clearly know that I have no clue what I'm doing. They are hilarious and witty and smart and they totally dress better than I do. I love spending my days with them and this afternoon they both nuzzled next to me and fell asleep on the couch. Their warm, little bodies were so tender. I gave them lots of light hugs because I knew if I had squeezed them as tight as I wanted to, they would have woken up. Or suffered some broken ribs.

Then there is the Captain. Cody is a rare gem and my goodness, I am always so aware that I don't deserve that golden man. He is so supportive and understanding, even when I am upset for no reason or irrational (that doesn't happen very often, btw. Ahem.). I have been at the computer every spare second I have to create new items for RSVP and he allows me the freedom to do that. He cooks for me and loves me...and I am completely smitten with him.

We are so blessed to have this beautiful, warm home that looks phenomenal with Christmas lights (Oh yeah, the lights are up. Well, 'Phase 1' of the lighting, anyway...). We are thankful for the knowledge of the Gospel and the comfort it brings to our lives. The Lord is so aware of us and it becomes more apparent to me every day.

Finally, I'm grateful for you. My dear friends who are the bees knees. I hope you all have a marvelous Thanksgiving filled with big meals and naps! After picking up Cache from Pre-School the other day, he insisted on wearing his Pilgrim garb all day. He also insisted that I call him "Pilgrim" which allowed me to feel like John Wayne for most of the afternoon. At one point I asked him, "Cache, how cute are you in your Pilgrim get-up?" And he answered,
"Um...really cute?"

3 comments:

Mindi said...

awwww, so sweet :)

kateastrophe said...

I love you so much. I hope you have a blissful Thanksgiving.

Thank you for being such an amazing friend. I don't know what I'd do without you in my life.

Love you!

Also, Cache is pretty darn cute. Duh.

Tayva said...

And I am thankful for all of you. You are all wonderful. XO