4.20.2010

5 Year Furniture


The Christmas Eve before Cache was born, Cody surprised me with furniture he was building for our bedroom. It was so beautiful and I couldn't wait for him to finish it so we'd have this awesome set for our clothes to call home.

Life happened. Our old garage was tiny. Cody never had any time. So the furniture sat. And sat. and never got finished.

We talked about just buying new furniture, or spending a solid week finishing it. There were a few days where I would help him sand and assemble some of the pieces, or a few late nights where Cody would stain all of the drawers. But still...the furniture sat.

Until now!! Dearest BC fans, the bedroom furniture is DONE!! And Good Heavens, it's so beautiful it takes my breath away...

I adore this dresser. The drawers are really wide and deep...
My vanity! I got that big mirror for Christmas 3 years ago. It will be nice to finally open it!
Cody's nightstand...
My husband built that! He made these! The steel frame, the walnut trim...could you die? I have never been so ecstatic over a piece of furniture in my life. We have been giddy the past couple of days loading all the drawers with our clothes and I always have to run my hand across them when I enter or leave the room.

Now, our new bedroom is a wee bit smaller than our last one, so the furniture fits quite snugly. But man...I so don't care. I mean, I have custom-built bedroom furniture. What more could a girl ask for? Well, besides a new kitchen...

8 comments:

Tayva said...

Those are truly BEAUTIFUL pieces (and beautifully made, because I saw them just before they were finished!). The best part will always be that Cody made them for you; that's 37 years of experience talking because Dad made our bedroom furniture! Anyway, kiss all your boys for me. Love, Mom

glenda said...

Good job Cody its Beautiful!!!

|Mindi| said...

SO SO great. I love the way it looks, It's great. Happy for you guys :) I shall buy you each a t shirt to place neatly in a drawer.

Bringing Lady Back said...

Those are gorgeous! Huzzahs all around. And Cody rocks.

Jen said...

Holy freak! Those are awesome! They could totally be proudly displayed and sold in the wonderful land of IKEA. Your husband's talent astounds me! Good job on the labor of love!

kateastrophe said...

GORGEOUS!! I'm so glad they're finally done!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa/Scott said...

Love it!!! Isn't it the most satisfying thing ever to be part of a creation and say "Hey...that's here because I helped make it!" Furniture, food, kids...whatever. So satisfying.
(it was me who deleted the previous comment, I said the exact same thing but I was signed in as my husband and then you'd think some dude named Scott was stalking you)