9.23.2011

Big belly stretched thin

It's not uncommon for me to have lots going on. Everyone is busy, yes? All of our plates are full at times. Mine right now, however, is nearing overload. Quickly.

I am the Assistant Director for "Little Shop of Horrors" in Lehi. Yeah. The Director from 'Singin' in the Rain' (Michael) and his wife (Colleen) have become dear friends and one night Colleen suggested we go to lunch. When we met up she asked if I had ever wanted to direct. "Nope!" She told me how she was scheduled to Direct 'Little Shop' in the Fall and would love to have me team up with her. She's very convincing, so I agreed. The show is hilarious and the music is SO catchy! I've never been on this side of a production before and I'm really enjoying it.

Here I am with the rest of the board during auditions (that's Colleen next to me).
Our cast is amazing and I think it's going to be a really fantastic show! I'm also costuming it, did I mention? Yeah. I love costuming and fortunately the theater has quite a large costume supply for me to pull from.

I'm also costuming the show that PG Players is putting on. At the last board meeting they appointed me 'Head Costumer' so I'm in charge of dressing all the shows. Again, I love costuming, but doing two shows at the same time has it's challenges. The shows take place in different eras (the 40's and the 60's), anything the theaters don't have I have to make or buy, and I have about 25 actors to dress. It's a lot...lots going on.

Add this on top of the fact that I'm in the YW presidency, I'm hosting 3 Halloween parties next month and while it's awesome that Cody has three jobs, he's gone all the time. Pretty sure my kids are sick of being dragged from theater to theater every night, and I'm seriously looking into getting myself a housekeeper and a yard crew. Fortunately the tiredness of my pregnancy has started to wain, so I have more energy to get the things done that I need to. After this Monday the PG show will be costumed and taken care of, so I won't have to stress over that anymore. We are getting our trim and front door painted next week (YAY!!) and I'm getting some house projects done before we leave town next week.

That's a lot, right? Now that I type it all out it looks very doable. I think I just need this weekend and next week to go smoothly. After that? I'm sure I'll be fine. Until October starts, of course.