9.17.2011

Holiday obsessed


My Birthday was the berries! I got to eat one of my favorite lunches (a bacon avocado cheeseburger. Don't judge me.) AND go to dinner at my favorite place (Texas Roadhouse) with Adam and Ann. We had a great time, Ann is pregnant too and we're due about two weeks apart. Nice! So fun to hang out with them.

The pressie? Cody got me a new phone. I dare not show a picture of my old phone, it's too shocking.
Isn't she pretty? I'm getting a bit too obsessed with finding Holiday ringtones and wallpapers. LOVE it.

Yesterday I lunched with Amelia, Carina, Jen, Sue and Tanya (missed you, Lisa!) at La Jolla Groves in the Riverwoods. Have you eaten there? SO delicious, and the place is so pretty. And just LOOK at what Amelia gave me!
Could you die? Vintage cowboy boots? I so love them. Can't wait for little mister to wear these with his diaper. It was a fabulous Birthday week.

And speaking of Holiday goodness, anyone itching with excitement? Just me? I am so stoked. Sadly, we still have some things to finish up before I start decking my halls, but it shouldn't be too involved. My Aunt Trudy and cousin Mindy are in town and we did a bit of shopping one afternoon. I had to leave a bit early and stopped at Tai Pan on my way home...
Their Halloween stuff is so fun to peruse through, and their christmas??

I canNOT wait. I've even been burning Cinnamon-scented candles. Mmmmm, holidays. And here's the thing, friends. It's not always popular to be OK with Summer leaving and Fall and Winter arriving. You so much as mention that you're looking forward to Fall and you'll instantly be bombarded with "Nooooo! Summer wasn't long enough!" and "Ugh, I HATE the cold, I'm so not ready for it" blah blah blah. You know what? The seasons change whether you like it or not, so you might as well be positive about it. I should just throw some tinsel in their face.

The next few weeks are a bit insane, but hopefully we'll get some house stuff taken care of so I can start decorating! Before and after we get back from here...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh you! Your old phone was cute. ;) Also, I love Tai Pan at Christmas--it's like Christmas threw up on itself. So much glitter! yay!