2. I like being platinum, ok? Love me some blonde.
3. I'm over the hot chick in the movies being tough. Like, she's ridiculously beautiful but she also knows how to fix a '69 chevy, or how to weld, or how to wire a mansion for electricity. All while wearing heels. I'm not saying that there aren't women out there that can do that, but really? Save it.
4. Sometimes honesty isn't the best policy.
5. When designing things in my house, I have to remember that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I am creating this home for my family, not for anyone else.
6. I love Pinterest.com. This is no secret (or is it? Have we talked about it?). While it is full of marvy ideas and tips, I have no desire to make my own laundry detergent, mod podge or swiffer cleaning fluid. I refuse to let you make me feel bad for not creating EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE FROM SCRATCH.
7. Christmas decor comes out in stores right after Halloween, sometimes even before. That's ok if you feel that that's too early, but don't moan and complain about it to everyone who will listen. Bedeck your home in Thanksgiving merriment and saturate yourself in the season of gratitude. Last time I checked, those stores don't dictate how you celebrate.
8. If you're driving through a neighborhood that isn't yours and someone waves at you, wave back. Who cares if you don't know them, it doesn't hurt to shoot back a smile and a wave.
9. A great quote is meaningless unless you actually apply it.
10. Stainless steel straws are the bomb shizzle.