2.17.2007

5 things...


My friend Kate has given me a challenge - post 5 things about myself that no one knows. See, the funny thing is, Kate and I have known each other since Junior High. We have enough dirt that we could blackmail each other until the day we die. However! I shall accept this challenge and try and hard as I can to think of 5 things most of you may not know. I'm pretty sure that after I post this I'll think of certain things I could have written about, but for the time being - here's what I came up with.



1. I have a high heel obsession.

There is no way to tell how much I spend on heels each year. I own maybe...3 pairs of sneakers? Maybe? I have a pair of flats. The rest of the shoes in my closet have a 3-inch heel attached. That's the other thing, I rarely wear anything under 3 inches. It's totally impractical and I really should slow down, but I can't help myself! Heels heels heels.

2. I listen to Christmas music all year long.
Christmas is probably my other favorite Holiday (see #5). I LOVE Christmas. But my favorite thing about Christmas is the music. Holiday tunes put me in the best mood in the shortest amount of time. I don't know if it's the bells or what, but if I listen to Christmas music I'm the happiest girl in the world. The 40's versions of Christmas classics tend to be my favorite and I sing them all the time. I listen to them while I clean my house, run errands, whenever. I also love a good Christmas movie - 1953's White Christmas is one of my Favorites...

3. I want 'Marilyn' hair.
For YEARS I have been wanting to chop my hair off (to my jaw), totally bleach it out and have the glam Marilyn Monroe hair. I don't have the guts to do it, but I have this secret longing. Maybe one day...
4. I hate peppermint.
EW. I hate it. It's so nasty, it's too....yuck, I just can't do it. Even the smell of it makes me sick. I have yet to meet another person who has the same level of loathing for a peppermint stick, but I'm not ashamed!


5. I. LOVE. HALLOWEEN.
Ok, no big surprise here. But perhaps most of you don't know that I generally know what costume I'm going to wear by December or January. Not to mention I start looking for Halloween stuff in the Spring. For example, I just got an email about new Halloween Village pieces for the year 2007 and I'm thinking about ordering a few. It's not just me, my Mom and my Sister are equally obsessed. My sister and I both throw Halloween parties each year. We talk about our invitations and get them finalized...sometime in July. It's so sad! I can't help it! I just love that Holiday more than words can express and there's no cure - I shall love it forever. Oh, did I mention I start decorating in the middle of September? Boo!

Ok, there you go! Maybe if you get me liquored up you can find things out that I really don't want you to know (Oh, that's another one - I've never had a drink in my life).

4 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

LOVE IT! And love YOU!

Auntie Ann said...

Ok...I did mine but now im not quite sure that I was supposed to...Anyway, loved hearing yours!

Anonymous said...

Loved this...I'm going to do mine now too!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

I HATE PEPPERMINT TOO!!!! it's the worst when people don't know their mints and even when i ask "is it peppermint?" they insist that it isn't. and i am tricked and have to chuck the mint or gum or what have you. i love spearmint, though.