2.22.2007

House Projects...


Have you ever just felt overwhelmed? I feel like I have SO many things to do and just not enough time to do it. Not only that, I have no energy. That's the main thing I'm battling during this pregnancy. There are so many things I need to get done! Most of them are out of my hands, like replacing the floor in our Living Room or finishing our bedroom furniture. I have rooms to paint and things to clean. Not to mention the fact that I can't wait to plant my garden and buy a hanging plant for the porch. It's February...I need to relax. I just can't seem to get everything done and it's starting to get to me. We have a lot of projects for the house this Summer. We are hoping to put in a deck out back so we can eat dinner outside. We have more landscaping to do and more cement to pour. There are also a lot of things to do inside before the baby comes. I try to have something baked (cookies, pie) in the house at all times...sure haven't done that in a while. Ugh. So here I sit, blogging when I should be finishing up the laundry and starting the dishwasher. I wish I could be one of those housewives who is happy in her cleaning and has time to chat with neighbors over the fence. Has all the ironing done and never has to reapply her lipstick. It's not realistic, and honestly? I would just rather take a nap.

7 comments:

Anne said...

I hear ya, girl. I'm trying to sell my house. I have four messy, stinky kids to clean up after--not to mention a husband. Oh yeah, and my totally disorganized SELF. And am I doing it? Nah. I'm sitting here reading your blog, of course! That, and lamenting that I already finished all the M&Ms. ;-)

Skinnieminnie1978 said...

Hey cutie pi-tootie, I am having technical difficulties editing my page. I just had to let you know I hadn't forgotten to add you! Love ya.

Kateastrophe said...

I say we all hire maids. It should be a small price our husbands have to pay for our sanity. Then we can spend more time talking to each other and blogging!!

Anne said...

Haha. I think my husband might argue that spending more time talking with you girls would undo any sanity that hiring a maid had bought... :-)

HaLaine said...

Hey EVERYONE! Elizabeth has a maid! She says she hasn't done toilets or vacuuming or baseboards or dusting in a LONG TIME!! She cooks!! She works!! And her house is always clean!! She's on my blog at "the Michy's"...maybe we should all bombard her with phone calls to get the number for these people. I think she said it's even fairly inexpensive!!

Anonymous said...

I hear you too Jewels. Now that I am working from home I actually feel like I have less time than I did before (even though that doesn't make sense!) I like the new blog song...based on your first post I was wondering when you were going to use that! Talk to you soon!

Auntie Ann said...

I just wish I had my own house to clean!!!