11.04.2008

A day in History...

I voted today!

It's interesting to be a part of history...we have all witnessed so many things that our children will learn about in school and today will be one of them.    How amazing to have an African-American candidate?  A female running for the office of VP?  So many issues and problems to be addressed and hopefully resolved.  I'm not a political person by any means, but I felt extremely Patriotic when I voted today.  I hope whoever takes office will be able to turn things around for the economy and be a leader we can trust.

As is customary for my November posts, I will list 5 things I am grateful for:

1 - The freedom to vote.  You saw that one coming, I'm sure.  I love that I can have my voice heard in such a historic election.
2 - The security of Cody's job.  This economy is terrifying and we have certainly felt (and are dealing with) the effects of it, but I am so thankful that Cody's job is stable and secure.
3 - My Cocoa-motion.  Hmm.  A bit shallow after my previous thanks, but I LOVE this little machine!  I put in milk, my cocoa mix, press a button and in 2 minutes I have perfectly blended, toasty hot chocolate.  Yum!
4 - A husband who tolerates (and even joins in on) my love of Halloween.
5 - Sweatshirts.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey you! I absolutely love the costumes below! I can't believe how you two can throw costumes together. Jewels, it is a real talent!

Jen said...

Fall nights with a snuggly sweatshirt, coco-motion, and husband who tolerates your love of Halloween, are definitely things to be thankful for! My husband doesn't tolerate my love of the holidays that well. Grinch. But I plan on hypnotizing him and changing that!