11.24.2008

Granddad


Today my Granddad passed away.  He was an incredible man!  My Mom called me this morning to let me know that he was taken to the Hospital last night.  He was in ICU on life support until this afternoon.  His passing was very peaceful and he was surrounded by his family.  

Words truly cannot describe the love I have for this man - I feel so lucky that I was able to grow up with him in my life.  He and my Grandmother came to our Birthday parties, Thanksgiving Dinners and every family Christmas party.  He was brilliant, righteous, patient, loving and humble.  A grand example to me.  I'm thrilled that he knew and loved my sons.  I think the greatest gift he gave me was a Father who is just like him - My Dad is the same kind of man that my Granddad is.  

Of course I will miss him terribly, but what a blessing that he was finally able to go.  He was ready, it was his time.  I love you Granddad!

Today's thanks...
1 - The comfort of the Gospel.
2 - Having such amazing people for Grandparents.
3 - The EMT's and nurses that took care of my Granddad.
4 - My family.
5 - Cody, who is my rock.

17 comments:

~j. said...

Wishing you and your family peace. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry Jewels...it is always hard to lose those we love...thankfully we know we will all be together again!

Thinking of you...

Andrea said...

Amen to that. Dad is #1. What more can I say? You said it best. :) xoxox-A

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like he left a tremedous legacy. Hugs to you.

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

I'm so sorry...please let me know if I can help. I love you.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

So sorry to hear the news, but glad to hear you have good fill-in (isn't that a great thing?). Hope you're feeling a little happier tonight...

HaLaine said...

Seriously, cyber hugs. Gets me all sad just thinking about it. Keep me posted on your need for late night bevs...

Anonymous said...

He was such an amazing man. I only met him once and he left a permanent impression with me!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now.

Love you!

Tayva said...

Beautifully said! He loved you, too; thanks for such a wonderful tribute. XO

Muzikal Mama said...

Jewels, what a beautiful tribute and loving memory. So sorry for your loss. Love to you and yours, and prayers for peace.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandfather. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) Julia!! I'm so sorry! I wish had met him, he sounds like a wonderful man, and a loving Granddad! My heart and prayers are with you and your family! Love you!

Adam Harward said...

I'm sorry to hear that. We are thinking about you!

The Bastian's said...

Jewels, I am sorry I am late in posting! I am sorry for your loss. That was such a sweet tribute to your granddad! It is obvious how loved he was and how close your family is. Its going to make heaven that much better for him. Thanks goodness for this gospel! Please let me know if you need anything!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm just getting around to checking your blog. I hate saying I'm sorry for your lose, because I got so tired of hearing that when my dad died. All I can say is that I understand how it feels to lose a great man. I hope your faith and family with help you through the heartache.

Tim and Angie said...

I never knew either of my grandfathers, they both died before I was born. My children will also never know the great men who are their grandfathers. I do know what it is like to lose someone you love though. Help your children remember the great people who make them who they are, but have gone before them. I know I'm grateful for them all. I wish you and your family peace and comfort at this time.

Cordell and McCall said...

I am so sorry for your loss! He sounds like an incredible man! If I can do anything to help or anything, please let me know! It is so wonderful that we have the gospel and that we know all that we know! It is comforting to know that you will see him again! Our hearts and prayers are with you and your family! Love you!