11.28.2008

Wrap Up


Happy Thanksgiving!  How was your feast?  Cody and I ate up at my parents house and MY what a spread.  Turkey, potatoes, corn, rolls, pies...the list goes on.  It was so yummy!  I stuffed myself and then followed up with 3 pieces of pie.  Yes, I had a nap later.  After dinner we went over to Cody's parents house and hung out with them for a while.  Gary put up their Christmas tree and there was a fire in the wood burning stove...I LOVE their family room, I never want to leave!  It's so warm and cozy.  We finally made it home and got the boys in bed.  It was a fantastic day and I'm thankful for so many things!  Here is my final list of thanks:

1 - My family.  Pretty sure I already noted that this month, but how I adore them!  ALL of them.  The Patch family, the Jolley family...they are everything to me and I'm so grateful to be related to both of them.
2 - Heated seats.  Where would I be without those??
3 - Music.   
4 -  My Grandma Ada and her pie recipe.
5 - Cody and my little boys.  

I failed to mention that I went to see 'Twilight' on opening day!!  I was able to disperse my reserved tickets amongst a fantastic group of girls and we all headed up to the Theater last Friday afternoon.  We ordered some quick lunch and rushed over to meet my Mom and Jess for the movie.  My thoughts?  I loved it.  It was actually pretty good!  I went in with very low expectations, I was already anticipating it being horrible and lame and cheesy.  But I enjoyed it!  Could it have been better?  Sure.  But I was entertained and my heart fluttered and Edward is delicious - just as he should be.  If you're too serious, you'll miss the fun of it.  It is what it is, right?  A teen romance.  I will certainly be seeing it again, want to come?  OH - and they are making sequels...YAY!

And finally, the Christmas season is officially upon us.  Did any of you get up early to go shopping this morning?  Me either.  After that meal  yesterday I was lucky to get out of bed at all.  I am planning on cleaning up my house today and finishing up my Christmas decorating.  I LOVE this season!  It's not just the Holiday I love, but the actual feeling that is in the air at Christmastime.  Half our neighborhood already has their homes covered in lights and I'm praying for snow!  I'm also trying to suppress the desire to host a Christmas Party this year.  I LOVE throwing parties and Christmas ones are such a blast!  But I have decided not to stress myself out with yet another big party this month (already hosting 'Girl Friday', you coming?), and instead will invite friends over throughout the month for dinner, movies, wrapping parties, etc.  I can't wait!  Better turn up the Christmas music and get to work!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude I totally went shopping and I've caught the Black Friday bug! It was so great!

I can't wait to see you in like TWO WEEKS1

Shaunee said...

I walked in and out of Toys R' Us... I've never seen so many people in line!! Happy holidays!

The Bastian's said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I was in your neighborhood today but it was pretty early in the morning so we decided we better not stop. One day!! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great holiday! I ate that much pie too!

And I also thought Twilight was the bomb!

Lisa/Scott said...

Hurray for Thanksgiving and food. I'm glad you liked Twilight. I was like you, expecting it to be terrible cause of how the critics slammed it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think if they had a bigger budget it could have been better, but I was surprised at how close the adaptation was to the book, that hardly ever happens. There were one or two slightly cheesy parts, but I think all in all the actors did a great job, I'm already planning on seeing New Moon.