12.05.2008

There is too much...

I am so behind on blogging - shameful.  I have much to fill you in on, but where to start?  So many trivial tidbits...The season has consumed me with the usual bustle and craziness, I have little time to get things done and I already feel like I'm missing out on Christmas goodness.  However, rather than list off the highlights of the past week, I opted to play a wee game of 'Christmas Tag' that was on my friend's blog.  Lucky you! Here we go..

Do you like Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?  Yes. Equally delicious!
Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?  Can't answer for the big man, but we generally wrap all our presents.  Unless it's too big or awkward to wrap...or if I'm too tired on Christmas Eve and simply don't care...
Colored lights on tree/house or just white?  I'm with Shaunee on this one - before I was married I was ALL about white lights - didn't fancy the colorful ones.  Now we have colored lights on our house, in our yard, on one of our trees.  They look so festive! On our main Christmas tree, however, we still use white lights (old habits die hard).  
Do you hang mistletoe?  Yes!  I don't really enforce it, however, unless it's Cody.  But you may just get a wee kiss on the cheek...watch out.
When do you put up decorations?  I start after Halloween....
What's your favorite Holiday dish?  It's not really a dish, but I love the dinner we have on Christmas Eve with Cody's family.  It's always SO delish.
What is your favorite Holiday memory as a child?  My parents would set up barricades so we couldn't get into the Living Room on Christmas morning until we ate breakfast and did the dishes.  They placed them just right so we couldn't see anything!  We would lean and stretch to see if we could steal a peek and we never succeeded.  I loved that...
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  We used to when we were little, but we haven't really started that tradition yet.  I love opening all of them in the morning!
How do you decorate your Christmas tree?  Lots of lights, lots of ornies...it's very festive and bright.
Snow!  Love it or dread it?  I love snow, I just hate to drive in it.  There's nothing better than a white Christmas, am I right?
Can you ice skate?  I can...I just choose not to.
Do you remember your favorite gift?  Wow, too many to choose from, I've had amazing Christmases.  One that does come to mind is the first year Cody and I were married he gave me a Firefighter Maltese necklace.  It made me cry.  
What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Being with family, enjoying every minute of the Holiday.  I love creating new traditions with my own little family!
What is your favorite Holiday dessert?  Jolley caramel!!  Seriously, is there anything better?  We make it ever year and it is to die for.  I eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  It's true.  If you've been good this year, perhaps I will make you some.
What tops your tree?  A vintage tinsel star.
Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?  Well, if I say 'receiving' I sound like a brat, don't I?  I love giving gifts because I love seeing their face when they open it!  
What is your favorite Christmas song?  'Baby, it's cold outside', 'The man with the bag', 'Hey, Santa!', 'Snow', 'The bell that couldn't jingle', the Scrooge soundtrack...hundreds more!  I love Christmas music, I listen to it all year long.
Candy Canes?  Ew, no - I hate peppermint.  I love how they look, so I use them to decorate and have them in the house for others to eat, I just don't partake.  Ew.
Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized?  Not really.  I know what Christmas is all about and I love teaching my kids about it.  I kind of like being saturated in it - it's only for 4 weeks and it's fun!
Favorite Christmas movie?  Scrooge, White Christmas, Elf, It's a Wonderful Life....

And there we have it!  Now go do it on your blog.  Upcoming posts?  Family, bringing classy back, good friends, old movie club...stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to take away from your Christmas fabulousness, but I'm so excited for "Bringing Classy Back!"

OoooOoooOOOhhh

Hahah

Shaunee said...

Thanks for playing!! Isn't that a fun one! I'm sure your house is darling and so decked out. I hope you are able to slow down and enjoy the Christmas festivities!

Tayva said...

I have just read your blog for the 3rd time! I love it! You make me love Christmas! XO, Mommy

Lucrecia said...

Julia, your enthusiasm is contagious! That's probably my favorite thing about you!

Tanya Quinn said...

Bringing classy back! It'd be a great new Justing Timberlake song. You know I'm in. I just need to send off my payment to the POWR COMPNY and I should have enough left over.