5.17.2010

Little Victories


We have so many projects to do that if I think about them long enough I end up in the corner sobbing. Where do we find the time? The resources? The skills?? And (the most frustrating) where do I begin??? My mind is so FULL of ideas and plans that it's become very clear to me that I need a master plan. A map. Where, oh where is the map!?

Remember how my mind works when I'm cleaning the house? It's kind of the same when it comes to projects, except instead of starting with a Master Bathroom it's starting with remodeling the kitchen. So my head works like this: "Paint Family Room - wait until stacked stone is in place - wait until new railings are in - wait until we finish the kitchen". or "Paint living room - wait to get new chairs - wait until walls are opened up - wait until we finish the kitchen".

It's also with big projects, too. We are re-configuring the bathrooms upstairs which (Cody has assured me) shouldn't be too huge of a job, but we don't want to start a big project until we have finished one. We are also combining two rooms downstairs to create a big, cool room for our boys to share. Again, that won't happen until the bathrooms are done...which won't happen until the kitchen is done.

Since we are planning on starting the kitchen remodel next Monday (I hope I hope I hope), I feel this need to get everything organized before complete chaos begins. It makes total sense, right? I need my house in order because my kitchen will look like a war zone. I'm worried about the dust, I'm worried about our birds surviving, I'm worried about my family surviving...but it's going to be great. It's going to be an adventure! A crazy, dusty adventure. The result will be magnificent and until I can bask in the glory of that accomplishment, I'll have to bask in the tiny victories in the meantime...like getting my flower beds weeded. Victory is mine!

1 comment:

Bringing Lady Back said...

Let me know if you want me to take the boys on Monday!