5.10.2010

On the hunt!

Mother's Day weekend was super marvy! I got to spend it all with Cody and the boys and they took such good care of me. Friday we picked up some new trees and hauled them home...they barely fit inside our car, but luckily the boys liked the fact that they were riding in the middle of a jungle.
Cody got them planted and they look so good! We have big plans for our yard...
I made bread! From scratch! By myself! Pretty sure I've never done that before and it was a cinch.
Sunday was great - I got to sleep in and Cody made breakfast and got the boys ready for Church. Cache sang with the Primary...so tender. We went to my parents house for dinner, mmmmm - homemade hamburgers are the best! We all sat around and ate and chatted while the boys played downstairs with cousin Graham! These three are inseparable.
A glorious Mommies Day was had by all!

I'm in the process of getting my house in order, but there are a few things I'm trying to acquire that I can't seem to find. A little over a year ago I posted a picture of this desk that I wanted...
Like most Pottery Barn items, these sold out fast but not before my dearest sister purchased one for her daughter. Blast! Andrea - if you ever get rid of that you better call me! I will never forgive myself for not buying it. Now I'm on the hunt for a cool desk and I can't seem to find one anywhere...ugh.

The next want? A cool buffet for my kitchen. I'm very particular - I want a cool, old buffet.
I want it to have carved legs, I want it to have great storage, and I don't want to feel guilty painting it. I also don't want to pay a mint. I'm trying to be thrifty, friends. How's that working out for me? Not well, so far. And so the hunt continues.

2 comments:

Bringing Lady Back said...

Look at you, Wonder Woman! I'm glad you had such an awesome Mother's Day.

{That desk is divine. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day!

The best place to find a cool, old buffet is KSL classifieds...under the buffets and hutches category. I bet they have some gems on there!

Good luck!