9.22.2008

The First Day of Autumn


It's Fall, people!  Today is officially the first day of Autumn and boy does it look like Fall outside.  It's cloudy, windy, chilly...all the fixing's for sweaters and boots.  With this blustery season blowing in, Cody and I are feeling all kinds of ambitious - we have many things planned for today!  Cleaning up the house, decorating for Halloween, running some errands - what is it about a new season that gets you all charged up to tackle projects?  I can't seem to stop moving and I can't stop baking - my house is full of cupcakes.  I'm loving the high we are on - I hope to accomplish MUCH this week.

Let me catch you up on some happenings this weekend;  Friday we went to the Patch Family lunch with my parents and Grandparents.  My Grandparents haven't been feeling well as of late, so it was so nice to see them out and about.  Don't you feel that while growing up it seems as though your Grandparents never age?  It's been hard for me to see them get older over the past few years...they are incredible people.  My Grandmother loves holding little Cole - in this picture she was singing to him.


Cody's friend Tracy stopped by this weekend for a visit.  He's been living in California and is now headed out to New York to work for ESPN as their snowboarding afficianado.  No big deal. It was great catching up with him and teaching him the ways of Guitar Hero - he had NEVER played before!!  What?  He was a quick study - he and Cody aced a level before calling it a night.

Getting ready for the Winter, Cody and I have been slicing up peaches and putting them in the freezer.  Our kitchen is a sticky mess and it's hard not to eat all the peaches, but how great to have yummy fruit all Winter long!

My time is up - off to the land of projects.  I promise to post all my Halloween trimmings!  Oh, and I intend to start working on my Halloween party invites for this year...just you wait!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I love love love fall also! I love the colors, the weather, and the beginning of the holidays!

You must take pictures of all of your Halloween decorations... I've already started decorating for Halloween. Love it!

Shaunee said...

I love fall!!! I'm dying to wear some jackets I got and it hasn't been quite cold enough. Yeah for fall!

Anonymous said...

The peaches are making me so jealous! I had one right off the tree in Utah and am still dreaming of having a peach tree at my house.

Then I remember I live in Phoenix. Crapper.

Anonymous said...

Love this season too! It is the best!

The Bastian's said...

It was so nice to hear from you on my blog. I have missed you so much! I am totally feeling the baking fall bug too! Isn't it great! Can't wait to see your decorations for Halloween!!!

Lucrecia said...

Oooh! Your enthusiasm is contagious! What should I be achieving right now besides the laundry? I really must think of something fall appropo.