8.26.2010

Grandmother


My sweet, fantastic Grandmother passed away on Tuesday. Words cannot express how deeply I adored this woman! She was a gem, a wise and wonderful lady and I will miss her terribly.
She is truly the classiest woman I have ever met - I never saw her without her lipstick, eye lashes or her nails done. I think every article of clothing was bedazzled with a bead or a sequin. She worked hard to take care of her family and had such a great sense of humor. Her family was her crown jewel, she always stressed the importance of family relationships. She had 9 children, 50 grandchildren and 85 great-grandchildren! We had so much in common...we would talk about movies and music, she was marvelous. I am thrilled that she got to see me perform on stage and that my boys were able to know and love her. It's going to be hard on Cache that she's gone.
While I will always miss her, how wonderful that she is now with her beloved husband! A tender note - she passed away on the 24th, 21 months to the day after my Granddad. She missed him so much and would often joke about how she didn't know why she was still here, why she was left behind. I am grateful that she stayed a bit longer, just so I could spend a little more time with her. I. Loved. Her.
Until we meet again!

6 comments:

Natalie & Chase Gustman said...

oh Jewells im so sorry! she does look like she was a very classy lady, i even think you look like her!

Shaunee said...

What a gorgeous and classy woman. Sounds like she was very special. I wish you and your family all the best.

Bringing Lady Back said...

Oh, I love her so much. I love YOU so much. I've been thinking, thinking, thinking of you all week long.

She passed on a lot of class to you, lady. Love you.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry of your loss! She was obviously a wonderful lady. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! We are so blessed to have our families forever!

Kim said...

What a wonderful tribute you wrote to your grandmother. I remember meeting her after one of our Singing In The Rain shows. She was very classy--much like you!

Lucrecia said...

Julia, I'm so sorry about your MeMa. I sure love mine too. I'll be so sad when she goes.