9.17.2010

BK Update

What's this? An update on my kitchen remodel? Finally?? Yes, yes. I know you have been waiting desperately for another update. So have I. And here we go!

Wha??? Cabinets?


Many cabinets! And check it - Cody built the base for the island last week.

Could you die? It looks like a kitchen! Oooh, I'm loving it. Cody and I busted out so much on Labor Day - we worked until the wee hours. Can I just say how much I love that crafty man? He is Mr. Incredible - he can do anything. Doing this remodel with him has been a blast. When we were assembling cabinets a few days ago in the garage around midnight, we were laughing and punchy...then I said, "I know this remodel is taking us forever, but there is no one else in the world I would rather be doing this with."

He said, "Me, too!"

To which I replied, "....Lie."

Because lets face it, he's done about 85% of the work. (ok 90%)

Today while I was assembling drawers and such, Cody secured the island base to the floor. He also ran electrical so we'll have power in the island. YAY! Yeah...I just got excited about outlets.

And another teaser? LOOK at our countertops! Well...at least take a gander at what they'll look like when they're done.
Have I mentioned these before? A guy was selling them on ksl.com. They're reclaimed wood from train cars. Um, awesome? So perfect for a countertop, it's like a giant butcher block.
We're going to leave the marks and discoloration in them...a bit rustic. LOVE it. Cody is going to build a table top out of it, too. See? 85%. 90%
Next update? We'll talk about my gorgeous buffet I'm refinishing...

6 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i'm so jealous. it looks SO good. i love those reclaimed boards. oh, man, i can't wait to see it all done. and your halloween decor will look so good with the green. speaking of, glad to see i'm not the only one decorating for halloween already-i'm assuming if you're blog header is dec'd so is your house?

aaaand that was the longest comment ever.

Tayva said...

Oh, I can't wait! It looks amazing. I can just imagine all the things you will do to finish and dress your design. You guys are a great team! Love you all, XO

Anonymous said...

It is looking amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Shaunee said...

Ohhh! That looks so good! You guys are amazing. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Lucrecia said...

Holy wow! That's going to be so awesome. I'm gonna have to drive over so I can see the finished product with my own eyes. I love your reclaimed wood, beaut!
And I didn't know you were a September gal like me. I'm glad you had such a fab birthday :)

Jen said...

Your kitchen is going to be AMAZING! I love the counter tops and I'm going to totally copy your green walls in my laundry room. The color makes me smile!