8.08.2011

In stitches.


It was only a matter of time, really. I mean, I have two boys. Chances are I'll be in the ER at some time or another. That time has come - Cole got stitches.

Bless his little heart. He and Cache were playing at a friend's house and Cole fell backwards and hit the back of his head on their fireplace. It wasn't a horrible gash or anything, but it certainly required stitches. Cody was on shift but was able to rush over to the home and pick up Cole, I was close behind and I picked up Cache. We met at the ER where our friend Chad was working (yay!) and he got us right in. Cole was doing so great, he was laughing and making jokes...I'm sure the sucker helped. When it came time for the stitches he wasn't too thrilled with that, but he handled it like a champ and it's healing up great.

Me? How did I do? Not well. He'll be fine, it's me that will be scarred for life.

3 comments:

LuLu said...

Ah yes, the Emergency Room. It's not my favorite place either but for some reason I keep spending time there. I'm glad he was such a superstar :-)

Rosey said...

Oh Cole Man!!! Darn it... but yes boys will be boys I guess. Poor Mommy! Love you!

Tayva said...

I was trying to think of how many times I went to the emergency room with my boys and actually for the girls', too! Hmm. What I DO remember is being there with Rich in the mid 1990's when he was about 15 or 16 and had an accident on his bike and cut his chin open. I hate to tell you, but it never gets any easier--You always wish it was you instead! The parents should get suckers if WE don't cry! Ya think??