4.01.2008

Flight to the Phoenix

Happy April, everyone!  Not much to post about, as of late.  I did have a great weekend with my sister!  Saturday the whole family went to see "Horton Hears A Who" - the kids loved it.  It's a pretty funny show, I think I'll have to see it again.  Although - I may have to go alone since Cody counted the movie as a "Chick Flick".  What?  Sunday night we met up at my parents house for some yummy dinner and even yummier cupcakes!  My sister has talked about these delish coconut cupcakes on her blog - the recipe comes from Ina Garten (of Barefoot Contessa fame) and they were SO good.  Yesterday the girls went up to Ikea, did some shopping and had lunch.  A great couple of days!  Andrea goes back to Vegas today, I will miss her.

Last night I went to an audition for a commercial Marty is doing.  I got to audition with my friends Tom and Mark, naturally we had a blast.  My part required me stuffing my face with popcorn, soda and treats.  I could get paid to eat?  Where has this option been my entire life!  We had a great time, it was fun.  I'll let you know if I get the part!  

Today, my agenda consists of many an errand to run and some cleaning up of my house.  But the best part of this week?  I get to go to Phoenix for the weekend!  Cody is headed down there with some friends for a CrossFit Convention (I'll be posting more about that later), and two weeks ago I was telling Kate about it.  Her idea? "Why don't you come visit me while he's down here?"  Brilliant.  I won't be there very long, just Friday - Sunday, but it's warm there and there's a pool there and I am so ready for some sunshine!  Especially since it snowed 4" here on Sunday...ugh.  Kate has planned some fun stuff for us to do and I also get to meet up with one of her friends who wants to purchase lots of my onesies!  So it's a quasi-business trip, if you will.  I have a lot of things to do before I leave town, but I can't wait!  Tan lines and palm trees, here I come...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOOOOO! I am so excited.

AND, had you told me you weren't coming I would have flown up there to drag you down. Hehehe.

And um, Whorton Hears a Who, a chick flick? What the?

The Bastian's said...

Okay, Kate can have you this weekend. I know you will both have a blast. But I get you in two weeks!!

Jessica said...

So fun! I'm jealous! Bring back the sunshine with you PLEASE!

HaLaine said...

Fun...and FUn...and Lucky! Slay hli to Klate flor mle.

Anonymous said...

I know your husband has a gym, why haven't you linked it on your blog? I know that it is vikingcrossfit.com just in case you were wondering.

Your friend,
Billy