4.24.2008

Guacamole!

Cody and I had our first BBQ of the season last night!  A few friends joined us and we had a great time.  Ahhh, nothing spells Summer like a backyard BBQ, am I right?  Cody made some delicious steaks, we had steamed veggies and watermelon, and I made some guacamole from scratch!  I am a super genius.  I have never made quac before, so I got some basic ingredient ides from  my sister and went to work.  It turned out SO yummy!  Here's what I did....I think:

3 Avocados, mashed
Juice from 1 lime
1 tomato, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, mashed
Salt and Pepper 

Now all you savvy dip makes out there are probably snickering at my simple recipe, but hey - simple is good.  Give it a try!
We had such a great time last night that I think we're going to have some of our fire friends over tonight for yet another round of grilling!  We've got to take advantage of the warmish weather as long as we can!  Hmm....perhaps I'll bake and apple pie for dessert...

ps - I updated my fitness blog!...I know.  Go looky - www.readysteadyfit.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm fresh guacamole . . . reminds me of my last trip to Mexico when Juan the houseboy made us guac on demand. Soooo tasty (and his recipe was SO similar to yours!! Just not garlic! and add some onions!)

Lisa/Scott said...

I make my Guac almost exactly the same...and I'm part mexican so you know you did good when you make it Mexi style! The only difference is that instead of garlic I add a tiny little bit of vegetable oil.

Anonymous said...

sounds yum! Wish we could have been there...and I do love your apple pie so you might have to make one next time we come down!Delish!

Also did you watch the reunion?? Greasy huh! Let's get together asap!

Adam Harward said...

It was so good! Thanks Jewels for the BBQ and Guacamole!

The UnMighty said...

Wow! You're practically Mexican.

Jen Richards said...

Nothing is better than good Guac! Thanks for the recipe. Glad you had such a fun BBQ. Don't you LOVE spring and summer!