1.16.2009

Home Work

My crazy life has caught up with me.  I am sick.  Burning the midnight oil no more!  It's not too bad, just a cold, but still I'm pretty worn out and I sound like a dude.  Awesome.

I don't know what it is when I get sick, but I always get super ambitious...and I can't do anything about it!  Maybe it's because I just lay there...looking around my house in a fuzzy-head stupor.  Naturally my mind wanders and I start getting ideas, I start thinking about how I want to redecorate my house.  Yikes.  See, we still don't know if we will keep the house on the market or refinance, but that doesn't stop me from coming up with all these plans to make this house wicked awesome.  It's already pretty great and there are things about it that I love.  I'm happy with the paint colors so thankfully there is NO painting in my plans.  But furniture, fixtures, art...that's what I want to change

Our poor bedroom is neglected.  We painted it last Spring and we have loved it, but we still need to polish it up.  We need bedroom furniture (touchy subject, lets move on), stuff on the walls, etc.  I have a mirror for my 'one day' vanity and one thing I am hoping to get/make is a tufted headboard.  I LOVE the look of them, so glam and classy.  

Then there's my poor sad Living Room that needs art, my Family Room that needs new pillows (I'm thinking something lime green...), my Kitchen that needs...something.  An apron sink perhaps?  Oooh, I LOVE those.  Am I the only one feeling this Spring Cleaning/Decorating urge?  And it's only January!  Alas, I can't do anything until I get well, so until then I shall have to indulge in some HGTV.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Great minds think alike! I'm in the process of re-doing our bedroom. I would love to buy new bedroom furniture, but the hubs is squashing that idea. The hubs just doesn't understand the need for us little women to practice our inner Martha's!

You know... Hancock Fabrics use to sell those headboards with instructions on how to make them. You should check it out. They may even have it on line.

Feel better soon, so that you can bring out the inner Martha!

Natalie & Chase Gustman said...

So I totally think that sink is you! You should do it. I love decorating! That sucks you are sick, stupid colds. We will hang out when you are all better cause I don't want to be sick :) Get well soon. ()- ()- those are sideways get well balloons just in case you didn't know, I just made them up... I think!?

Tim and Angie said...

We too have been doing a lot of moving and changing. I too feel like spring cleaning early in the winter too. Maybe we feel we can hurry the spring if we start acting like it's spring. Anway, we've cleaned out the food storage shelves and moved our two girls into a new room in the basement. I'd be painting the baby's room, but I'm still waiting to know the gender first. 8 more days. I'm sorry you're not feeling well though and I hope your fuzzy head goes away soon. Good luck with your redecorating.

Shawn said...

Love that sink! We wanted to put one like it in our house in NH, but it was biggo bucks! Oh, well---its always fun to look...