1.19.2009

Winter Warm


Are you familiar with that song?  It's on a car commercial - it's all retro sounding and the man sings, "The snow may fall, but I don't mind at all.  With you, I'm always winter warm..."  I have always loved it, it's so catchy!  And it has that 40's sound which I can't seem to get sick of.  Finally last night I got on iTunes to see if I could find it and find it I did!  There are some great songs on this album (which I could not find a picture of to save my life, let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the info), very posh 'Holiday Party' sounding.  The only problem is that now I want to throw a 1950's Christmas Party next year.  You heard me.  Have everyone dress up and serve cheese and crackers.  Don't worry, you'll be invited.

I am finally getting a wee bit better.  I still have a cough and my voice isn't all the way back, but I have energy and am feeling on the up and up!  Cody has been letting me take it easy and it's been SO nice to just rest.  Tonight we have a PGFD party that I'm really looking forward to!  What else does this week entail?  Tomorrow night we're having a party for Cache's Birthday and he'll be turning 4 on Wednesday!!  What?  4?  Since when?  Ahhh, cliche', but it goes by so fast.  He's coming with me tomorrow to pick up some party supplies, just him and me.  I'm excited to spend some time with my little man.  He wants a Wall-e party.  Yay, me.

The rest of the week seems pretty basic, but it's only Monday so what do I know.  I still have the Spring Cleaning bug and I'm excited to start some projects.  Cody and I even talked about putting an apron sink in the kitchen!  That would probably mean new countertops.  Cool ones.  Like cement ones. 

5 comments:

HaLaine said...

Yay for the cement counter tops for sure...always wanted those...and stained concrete floors.

Anonymous said...

OoooOOOOH. I SO want an apron sink. And cement countertops? GET OUT.

Also, I SO want an invite to the Christmas party next year!

Mark said...

Ooh. Cement ones.

4? Are you kidding me? Wow. What were you, like 19 or something when you had him? (hee hee).

Shaunee said...

I love cement counter tops! I hope your wish comes true! I'm glad you are feeling better. We have had a nasty bug continuing it's run since BEFORE Christmas :(

Mindy said...

Hello?!?! Of course I would LOVE the deets on the holiday music. Do tell the info! I have always shared a love for the "good-ol-days". Especially when you can get it so easy from i-tunes.

I can't believe he is 4! Wha? Happy Birthday kiddo!