3.04.2010

Bringing Lady Back


A little over a year ago, I wrote a post entitled 'Bringing Classy Back'. I attempted to convey my idea of bringing some glam back to every day life. Reading over it now, I realize that I didn't do a great job. My lovely Amelia, however? Worded it perfectly.

After watching 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' one night, Amelia, Tanya and I gushed over the classiness of another era. When you could wear gowns to dinner and dance on the balcony. When you had a dress, a coat, a hat, a bag and shoes that all matched perfectly with your earrings. When wearing a pencil skirt and gloves to make a deposit at the bank (actually walking into the bank) was commonplace.

Fashion aside, just the overall acting like a lady. Being a lady. Enter Bethany of 'Bringing Lady Back'. This woman has captured what I have tried so hard to express! She has a blog where she posts a quote or rule every day on how to be more ladylike in this world of murky waters. I LOVE her blog. It's delightful! She addresses bedazzled jeans ("Like the kids menu at your favorite restaurant, bedazzled jeans are for girls 12 and under"), being gracious to your waiter and believing in the color pink.

So make a note of it! Go to BLB every day for a charming, witty tip on how to become more of a lady. I still may be in jeans and a t-shirt, but my pencil skirts are always pressed and ready to go.

**Bethany is hosting a giveaway! Run over and enter...**

4 comments:

Rosey said...

This is FANTASTIC! I went to BLB and by the way... totally BRIL! I couldn't stop reading! I love that she tells us the 3 must haves for your movie collection: "Singing in the Rain." Check. "Sound of Music." Double check. and "Calamidy Jane." I will be picking that up on my way home from work TODAY.

Love you!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i'm heading over to BLB right now, if for no other reason than her take on bedazzled jeans. THANK YOU!

Jessica said...

What a great blog Jewels! Thanks for the heads up!

Jen said...

I have to check out that blog! It sounds so endearing. Does that even make sense? I don't know? It's the first word that popped into my head when I read your fun description of BLB. I'm gonna go check it out!