3.12.2008

Canadian Cross

Most of you know that I have been attending an acting workshop each week for the past few months - it's with a group called 'The Thrillionaires' and I love it! I have met great people there and it's the perfect thing for my theater fix. When the seasoned veterans do a show, they actually do a show. A play and a musical - all made up as they go along. Brilliance! I have learned so much in these workshops and my goal is to one day be asked to join them on stage. Then you can all come and throw roses at my feet.

Since I was out of town last week, I missed an important class where they introduced some changes to the workshops. The Thrillionaires do a show every Tuesday night at 8:00, and now our workshop is also on Tuesday a few hours before the show starts. Instead of the show being made up of just the veterans, class members can be invited to do the show with them! Radical, no? Well, radical and scary. Last night was the first time they were going to have class members in the show. I wasn't asked, so I was content sitting in the audience and watching my peers work their magic. A few minutes before the show started, Brett motioned me over to the door and said, "Hey, what are you doing out there?" to which I replied, "Um, watching the show?" "No no, we want you to be in it! We want you to be the Canadian Cross with Tom for the first show, and maybe we'll have you step up for the musical". Now, lemme explain what a 'Canadian Cross' is....well, I don't really know why it's called a Canadian Cross, but basically you are a fill in, i.e. - a waiter, customer, friend, etc. A small part that can walk on and add a bit to the show. Does that make sense? Anyway, I was so stoked! We all walk on stage to greet the audience and I'm trying to act all cool and confidant. "Yeah, oh yeah I've done this before. I rock at this". The first show was great - I loved it! During intermission they asked me to be an actual part of the musical...whoa. I opted to be a towel/maid who was in love with the concierge at a fancy hotel. Word. I got to sing a great song of unrequited love and yes, we did end up together at the end. It was such a high!! I so hope I get to do another show soon, it was a total blast. You will come see me, won't you?


**UPDATE** Dearest BC fans, I just found out that I have been asked to do the show next Tuesday!! Please, please come! Here is the info -

Tuesday, March 18th @ 8:00pm
Covey Center for the Arts, Blackbox Theater (Thrillionaires) in Provo
Tickets are $5.oo

12 comments:

Erin said...

I knew you were destined for fame. I so wish I would have been there. I may or may not be jealous! MAY!!! You are my hero!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How fun for you! I'd love to come see you. When, where, how much?

HaLaine said...

Seriously, you kicked ace. So funny!

Jessica said...

That is so fun Jewels. Marty and I would love to come and see you. I'm glad your trip to California went well. My heart aches when I think of how difficult this trial is for your friend. Her family has been in my thoughts and prayers...

Tayva said...

So, your mom is the last to know?! I want to come! I'm so not surprised that you did great. XO, only the one who gave you BIRTH, Mom

Kateastrophe said...

CONGRATS!! That is so exciting! I wish I could be there!

Also, your mom is hilarious. HI TAYV!

Hailey said...

You WERE fabulous--I loved Mark and Laurie!

But FYI, tickets on Tuesday nights are only $5! So even MORE of a reason to come!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Jewels..I'm glad you are having so much fun with this!

I hope we can come...Jim usually has Bishopric on Tuesdays but hopefully we will be there!

Lisa/Scott said...

That's so cool that you're still into the stage stuff. Not surprising though, since you were always so fabulous at it during the high school days! I'm sure you look great up there.
You asked me if I'd go to the reunion since my baby is due the same month...the outlook doesn't look good right now since the reunion would be a week after my baby is due and they've asked that no children attend, not to mention my milk would have come in again, and I don't want to go looking like dolly.
That would be cool if you ended up here in pleasant grove. What part if PG are you looking to live in?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, I'll make my husband take me for a date night. And yes, we can still be friends even if you're really bad, but I know you won't be! See you there.

The Bastian's said...

Congratulations!! I will try to be there too!

Andrea said...

What is that smell? Doubt? Spare me the pathetic excuses. You are so darn funny and made for this stuff. I want you performing April 1st so I can attend. I'll be the one in the front row with the huge #1 FAN foam hand and air horn. Save me a seat!