3.16.2008

On The Mend

Hooray for good health!  Things have been on the up and up since my Hospital stint on Thursday.  Thursday night, however, Cody got really sick and both of us were sickies on Friday.  Luckily, the kids were content with watching movie after movie and playing on their own (for Cole that just means crawling around on the floor putting everything in his mouth).  Saturday Cody went to work and by Saturday afternoon we were both back to normal.  NO idea what was going around in this family, Cache even complained of stomach cramps Friday night, but we're better!  Yay!

Last night Cody took Cache to a Fire Dept. party in Midway.  Lots of sledding, hot chocolate, that sort of thing.  I planned on staying home with Cole and I heard that Cache had a total blast!  He didn't want to come inside, but his hands and feet were frozen solid.  He loved sledding - we'll have to try and take him again before the snow melts.  As I said, I planned on staying home with Cole - that is, until I found out Tanya would be down here.  I used my charm to persuade her to come play with me while Tom performed in a Thrillionaires show.  And it worked!  She came over, made rice krispie treats (I don't have enough of those  in my life - always so good) and we chatted for a few hours about every topic.  It was so much fun!  Tom came by after his show and we settled in to watch "The Maltese Falcon".  For our Thrillionaires class we were asked to watch a Film Noir (which is the theme for the show this Tuesday...that you're all coming to...) and it was fabulous.  In a dramatic, silly sort of way...No no, it was good, and I'm glad I got to see an example of true Film Noir.

Is our house up for sale?  Well, see...lots of things have come up in the past few weeks that have taken priority over getting our house on the market.  However, I think this will be blitzkrieg week.  At least I hope so!  Who knows what will come up now...we'll be crossing our fingers that all goes well and we'll get a lot done!

4 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Being sick totally bites.

So um, this Tanya person sounds awesome. I can't wait to meet her someday.

Good luck with the blitzkrieg!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better too!

And P.S. I DIED laughing at your voicemail you left me...so funny...I'm glad you are on the mend!

Let's get together soon!

Brillig said...

Jewels! I'm going to a Thrillionaires show tonight-- you know, the big anniversary show. Are you gonna be in it? If not, are you gonna be there watching? Lemme know! I'd love to accidentally run into you on purpose! I'm bringing my brother Jeff. hahaha. It will be so fun!

Lucrecia said...

Hey Jewels, I'm so gald that you are feeling better. My good friend Cari went to the emergency room on Sunday with the same symptoms. Weird eh?