8.23.2008

Holiday Itch


My son is watching "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", the old claymation one from the 60's.  His favorite shows as of late are 'Heffalump Halloween' and 'Rudolph'.  With all this spookiness and Christmas cheer in the background, I am getting SO excited for the Holidays!  Well, I'm always excited for Halloween, but with it just around the corner it's taking everything I have not to start decorating already.  One of my favorite things is hauling out all the boxes and finding decorations that I've totally forgotten about.  I LOVE getting my house ready for the Holidays...and I have some great ideas this year!  


I also can't wait to bedeck my railings with garlands and hang mistletoe.  I love my house at Christmas - is there anything better than the glow of Christmas lights?  Ahhh, I'm stoked.  Is it just me?  Is anyone else feeling the push of the Holidays?  I fully intend to enjoy the rest of my Summer - vacationing, swimming, spending as many days outside as I possibly can....but in a few weeks I plan on having my home all dressed up for Halloween.


And!  I auditioned for a play this week and made it!  PG Players is putting on "Blithe Spirit" during the month of October - a perfect Halloween show!  I play 'Elvira', the lead character's first wife who has been dead for 10 years and comes back as a ghost after being conjured up during a seance'.  Yay!  You'll come see it, won't you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny that he's watching that Christmas movie right now. So cute.
And yes, you are welcome to come sleep in my daughter's room but only if you decorate my house while you're here. For real, we need to become best friends by the time the holidays roll around so I won't feel dumb about calling you to come help me. You've got such style.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i probablly wouldn't be so excited so early if it weren't for your enthusiasm. thanks!!! i'm excited for the pumpkin patch and cinnamon filling the air!

Jessica said...

Good work Julia! Yes, we would love to come and see you. I love watching you. You steal the stage!

Amelia Merritt said...

Sweet, I wanna come see it!

My kids like to watch those movies in the summer, too. I'm glad they aren't weird. Or just as weird as other kids. Either way...

Jen said...

Oh my heck! (sorry. the "oh my hecks" slip out once in a while. I've been living in Utah for 13 years now... it was bound to happen) But anyhoo... I'm the same way about holidays! People complain about the stores selling Halloween stuff already... I say, the more, the better. It make my heart flutter with joy. I've already started sewing my boys Halloween costumes! Love it! Love it!

(I like to use these: !!!! and ... Can you tell?)

Tim and Angie said...

I get excited for the holidays way too early as well. Once school started I figured it was fall, so I brought out the girls fall clothes and put away summer things. Alas, now I don't have any summer things to put on them in this 100* weather. I'll have to go back out to the shed and dredge the shorts back out again. Lydia starts preschool next Monday and I pictured her in a cute fall outfit for the back to school picture. I guess shorts will do. The girls are swimming today, so I haven't given up on summer yet either, just excited for fall.

Sara said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!