8.27.2008

Savor the Summer


I realize that I just posted about my excitement that the Holidays are just around the corner (still am!), but I also realized that Summer is nearing it's end and I'm not sure I'm ready to see it go.  I was reading some old posts and I often expressed my anticipation for the sunny season.  I talked about loving the sound of lawn mowers, the smell of chlorine, backyard BBQ's, driving around with the windows down, the sun staying up until 9:30pm - Oh, how I ADORE Summer!  

It's flown by, but I have had a fantastic Summer.  I certainly intend on squeezing every sunny second out of it that I can!  Savor it.  Savor the Summer.  More BBQ's, more swimming, more popsicles...

6 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i have not enjoyed near enough popsicles. i better get to the store. i also have been wanting to make my own with watermelon. you've inspired me. i WILL do it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm summer

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way! I hate seeing summer go, but I am really looking forward to the holidays. They are getting closer!

Jen said...

Sorry to say, but I'm so ready for fall. It's my favorite time of the year. I'm tired of feeling hot, sticky and sh-weaty. But a popcicle does sound yummy right now!

Lisa/Scott said...

Yes, I was a little sad since because I had a baby I couldn't do all the things this summer I wanted to...my annual beach trip had to be postponed which made me sad. Due to that fact I'm already planning all the things I want to do to make up for it.

SLL said...

Hey Julia-

This is Stacy (Hobson) Larson. We grew up in the same ward. Anyway, I found your blog on Lisa's blog. It's fun to see what you are up to. Your boys are so cute. We have a blog too if you want to check my family's out. donandstacylarson.blogspot.com
Ta ta.