8.12.2008

Goings' On

The show last night was a total blast!!  The audience was great and the musical we performed was one of our best, hands down.  I think the crowning moment was when we held out the last note of our finale for about 12 seconds...at least. 

Maclain and I singing...
Matt taking me hostage until Maclain finds Matt's dog.  Serious stuff, people.
Taking our bows after the show!
So much fun!  I have another show tonight and one on Saturday.  I have finally put the information to our shows on my sidebar, so hopefully you can come out and see us!  

In healthier news, I am back at Crossfit.  Normally this little update would be on my fitness blog, but since I haven't updated that in forever, I thought I would mention it here.  I went on Saturday morning and Cody put me through a great work out - 95 lb. back squats.  In a word - OW.  But it felt SO great!  I'm still a bit sore, but I 'm excited to get back at it.  Ready, steady, fit!  And yes, one day I will be updating my fitness blog...

Friday afternoon I got to go to lunch with my dear friend, Rosey!  She worked with me at EWB and she is one of my favorite people.  She's moving up to Salt Lake this week, but hopefully we can get together sooner than later.  I love her!  That night Cody and I met up with his crew from the Fire Dept. for some pizza and work chat.  He has such great guys on his crew, I love it when we get together!

On Saturday we got quite a storm, so I took the boys out to the front porch to watch the rain.  Cache was curled up in my lap the whole time while Cole bravely crawled around and got soaked!    Cody and I have been addicted to the Olympics each night, marveling at the athletic prowess and skin-tight spandex.  All in all, a fabulous Jolley weekend.  It's been great having Cody home and just spending time with the kids.  Now we are getting ready to go to Lake Powell (yes, again) tomorrow with my family!  I'm SO excited - it's going to be a blast.  Viva La Summer!


13 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations on your show! Maybe someday I will make it to one. It's a bit crazy right now with school starting, work schedules, church callings, and crazy kids!

And um, holy cow! You rock the cross training! I think the maximum weight that I can lift right now is around 18 pounds or so... just about the same weight as my baby.

Anonymous said...

I need to go back to the gym (i say as I down a bean burrito. Sssssick)

I'm dying to see video of the Shakespeare Improv! Did anyone tape it??

Natalie & Chase Gustman said...

so chase is trying to talk me into doing cross fit but I think I'm to big of a weakling. Should I do it?
And I must tell you Jake and Briley make me giggle. They are cute. They sit and look into each others eyes now... You know the gazing look?! And jake is always saying cute things about her! Anyways... just thought I would update you with what i have been seeing latley with the new love birds!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Looks like a bunch of fun! You've been a busy woman... just keep updating the blog so I can keep track.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing great~ I'm in cedar this week but get home Saturday....let's play soon!

Anonymous said...

I need to come to another one of your shows and then maybe we can meet for reals!

Lucrecia said...

Whoa Jules! You look bad A in that Cross Fit picture! I am thoroughly intimidated!

The Gibson's said...

oh Rosey! we really need to have a EWB night. I would totally come. Your friend heather has been helping me with my blog what a Gem.

The Gibson's said...

Well the Dance shack Blog not mine. oups!

Kim said...

Very Impressed! Are you still preforming every Tuesday and Saturday nights? If I can get a babysitter maybe we'll come tomorrow night. The playgroup is still going to happen. I'm thinking Tuesdays!

Shari and Grady Wroblewski said...

You look pretty freaking hot in your pink work out gear lifting that gigantic bar and weights... You make me proud girl, proud!

Hailey said...

I heard the show was awesome--wish I could have seen it!

Angie said...

do you have a taping of your show. i would love to see it live, but don't think i'll be in utah until next summer. not even sure then. i would looovvve to see it. way to go on your muscles!! you hot woman. i love you, xoxo angie