8.01.2008

Standstill


Shhh....do you hear that?  The deafening silence?  The book of the year comes out in a few hours.  Why am I not joining the masses with my nose pressed against the glass of my local bookstore?  Because I pre-ordered this little gem, dear friends.  Pre-ordered.  In February.  My glorious read will arrive tomorrow.  I am only too aware of the chaos that is currently going on - I have many friends awaiting their brand new copy hot off the press, still warm.

So what is this silence I speak of?  You see, once we all get this book in our  hands - the world will stop.  STOP.  The streets will become empty, the stores bare.  Phones will not ring (except to squeal and discuss a chapter or two...), meals will not be made.  We will all be tucked away in silence, feasting on the literary candy that is sure to be 'Breaking Dawn'.

So shhhh...I'm reading... 

10 comments:

Cordell and McCall said...

I can't wait I am soooo excited!!

HaLaine said...

Can I swear on this thing?

DamnHell.

You heard me. I ordered mine as well...said it would be here on Monday...just got the tracking number and scheduled delivery is THE SIXTH!!! We CANNOT EVEN DISCUSS THIS ON TUESDAY!!

Lucrecia said...

Did your book arrive today? I pre-ordered the 3rd installment last year and I ended up getting it a whole week after it was released!!!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday morning I got a knock on my door bright and early from my mom and sister who had gone out and bought it for me. I'm waiting for a few weeks to read it when I go on vacation to Cali again. So better not spoil it for me. Thanks!

Jen said...

Okay, I must be so un-cool. Every blog that I read, my sis-in-law, and some friends are salivating over this book. I have NOT read any of these books in this series. What? What's wrong with me? I don't know. I'm just busy running here and there and every where. It's hard for me to sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time. I have issues!

Have fun with your new book!

Anonymous said...

Are you done yet?????

Lisa/Scott said...

Okay, so confession...I'm mad about the twilight saga. Something I refused to admit until this book came out. I'm finished with it already, and I must say, it was fabulous. Some people didn't like it, but they're haters.

Tim and Angie said...

I purchased the book on Sat, but I will not be reading it until my long car ride home to Utah on Thurs. I need carress it for a while and imagine the wonders that lie inside. Ok, I also gave in and read a few chapters. I can't help it!! The only sad part about the release is that it is the last book. When I finish that will be it and there will be no other to look forward to. Well, except maybe Midnight Sun.

Brillig said...

I'm about halfway through...

Could you come over and explain to my children this whole concept of "Standstill"? Somehow, they still think they're going to be fed today...

Anonymous said...

finished yesterday....loved every bit of it...