4.04.2009

Egg Cartons and Paper Cups


There is a special feeling on Friday nights, isn't there? When you're little it's the most magical night - you can stay up late, have friends sleep over, no school the next day. Even though I am grown up and mature (ahem), I still feel like Friday night should be celebrated. It's purely for my benefit since my children don't even know or care what day of the week it is. Cody is working this weekend so the boys and I had the house to ourselves. I wanted to do something fun with the boys...I was craving cupcakes and Cache loves to put the paper cups in the pan - fun for everyone!
What started out as a simple task turned into hysterical laughter in no time flat. I began to drop the paper cups on their heads like huge, billowy snowflakes and the boys were laughing so hard they got hiccups. Cole kept squeezing his eyes shut as a paper cup would touch his nose and he would bust out laughing again, it was the cutest thing. My floor was soon littered with my makeshift blizzard and Cole promptly began to stomp and kick them around. He also got ahold of an empty egg carton and was entertained with that for while. Room full of toys? Boring. Egg cartons and paper cups? Best things in the world.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

PRICELESS.

kateastrophe said...

You are such a great Mom. I wish I was a fly on the wall sometimes to watch the hilarious things that you and your boys do.

LOVE YOU!