1.04.2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

What am I loving?

These little fire starters.
Lest you think this is an egg cup filled with jam, it is actually an egg cup filled with dryer lint and candle wax. Cody and I got loads of these little babies from his parents just before Christmas. They said, "Just build a fire like you normally would, stack the wood and everything, just don't use any paper. Instead, stick one of these underneath and light it. Done.".

Done. Sure. See, I married into a fire family. They can talk wood into spontaneously combusting. Me? I? I'm lucky if I light 3 successful fires a year. I swear I do everything right, everything by the book and most of the time it just smokes and fizzles and dies on me. Until now! These little fire starters have saved my world!! I was skeptical, now I can't stop raving about them. I'm putting them in emergency kits and 72-hour kits and my purse for Tuesdays. I LOVE these little things, and you can totes make them yourself. Just save your dryer lint, fill up the egg cups with it and then drizzle it with any kind of candle wax. Obviously, I'm obsessed. I still can't believe they work, just amazing.
I think I may have earned my fire wings.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

THIS IS BRILLIANT AND I SHALL BE SAVING MY LINT FROM HENCEFORTH.