7.02.2007

Melting Pot

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this, but my car has no AC. Yeah. NO AC. It's July. It's hot outside. I have no AC in my car. Oh, and I'm 7 months pregnant so I have a little extra heater everywhere I go.

We could get it fixed, but Cody and I have been looking into getting a bigger car before the baby gets here and I'm not super excited about dropping $700 in a vehicle that I won't have for much longer. I know it must seem ridiculous, but I just can't let myself do it. That is...until I ran some errands today. The temperature has been in the triple digits for the past few days and is supposed to stay that way for a while. It could be 95 or 115 outside - the point is, it's hot. HOT. I roll all my windows down and hope that the breeze will cool me off while I'm driving...it doesn't. Poor little Cache is in his car seat with red cheeks and I can just tell he's overheating, poor little guy.

I talked to our Dealer today who's looking at cars for us, but he doesn't think he'll have what we want until next week or so. He might as well have said November - next week is seriously too long to wait for AC in this heat. I don't know what to do! It pains me to even think about shelling out so much cash, but I don't think I can leave my house between the hours of 9:00am - 8:00pm. Until I figure this out, I will be driving around in my little hot pot - trying not to sweat to death under all my layers of clothing. I guess if I look on the bright side, maybe this will help me not gain so much weight during the last months of pregnancy!

A side note, I bought some Halloween stuff today. Scoff if you must - it won't dampen my spooky spirit! I went into a craft store on Saturday to grab something super quick and I happened to walk past the seasonal aisle - there it was. In all it's orange and black glory. Halloween!!


I honestly had to exercise some restraint - I can only imagine how obsessed I looked while slowly walking down the aisle examining each little trinket and reading every sign - pondering what little buildings to add to my Halloween village. I went back today with my Mom (we made a point to go together. You know, for support) and we picked up a few things. I will definitely be going back...I mean, there's only 3 months until October.

6 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

I'm so sorry you're so hot! I'd DIE if I didn't have AC. You're a trooper. I'd have myself a rented car or something, seriously. I'm the worlds biggest complainer about the heat!!

Brillig said...

Last summer, when I was pregnant, even my super duper AC didn't cut it. Girl, you gotta get some cold air!!!! I'm SO feeling for you right now!!!

Ooooh, I like Kate's idea of renting a car...

The Bastian's said...

I feel for you girl, I didn't have ac last year when I was prego, it was the WORST! I am proud of you for being tough though! You are getting me way excited for halloween already too, I love that whole season! Have fun on the 4th!!

Anonymous said...

Yep. My heart goes out to you, the one in the oven, and little Cache. No a/c sucks. And if mine could reach you from here.... I would let you have some of mine.
Here's to hoping you get your new wheels SOON!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

oh you poor thing. if i hadn't just finally sold my trooper i'd totally lend it to you. it has the best AC ever-there's a vent that blows right up between your legs if you're wearing a skirt! that was the best thing ever when i was pregnant. i do not envy you one bit....

what store is this that already has halloween loot?

{lizzythebotanist} said...

and when i saw "melting pot" i got all hungry for fondue, you trickster!