2.21.2008

The randomness that is my life

Just a few random tidbits of days gone by.  On Monday Cody went snowmobiling with our friend Jon, so I had the day to run some errands with the boys.  It was nice to take them out of the house since they've been sick forever!  We hit some local venues, then headed up to Gardner Village so I could purchase a few crafty items.  The highlight was looking at the ducks and eating some treats at the bakery -

I must say, sometimes the thought of taking my two boys out to a place like Gardner Village terrifies me!  If I'm by myself, I always get so nervous - will Cache run all over, will Cole cry the whole time, etc.  But they were great!  Cole was happy (especially after I fed him...nice milk drool). 
I was stoked as we were pulling out of the parking lot, I thought, "Hey, we did it!"  It was fun to spend time with the kids, I can't wait for Cole to start walking so we can go on more outings together.  Speaking of Cole, little dude is so close to crawling!  He rolls over like a banshee, so if I leave him alone on the floor for 2 minutes, I come back and he's made his way across the room.  My favorite is when he's on his stomach and he's high-centered with arms and legs flailing, trying to get forward and he just can't figure out how to move.  Aren't babies fun?

Then on Tuesday my Mom and I spent the day together!  We had a lovely lunch full of deep conversation, that woman is so wise - I don't know what I would do without her.  I've been going through some lame stuff lately and talking to her about it was good for me.   We did some shopping, some browsing, some purchasing, it was just so great!  We must do that again soon.  Love you, mumsy!

Now, I have to ask you something, dear BC fans.  Those of you with little boys, I pose to you this question - does your son paint his nails? Hmmm?  No?  Perhaps?  Yes, well, turns out my son is quite fascinated by it.  Before I went out with my Mom, I painted my nails.  Silly me - I left out my nail polish so this is what I came home to - 


Cody told me that at some point Cache disappeared for a few minutes and then came back with painted nails.  Now, I must admit - for doing this himself, he did a pretty good job!  Luckily, he did want me to take it off and he actually brought me a cotton ball and nail polish remover.  How cute is that?

Finally, tonight I went to my 'Thrillionaires' class with Hannah.  We were very much looking forward to tonight because we were going to work on Musical improv.  In a word - terrifying.  But guess what?  I rocked!  Oh yeah - don't you love that I have no modesty?  I'm like, "Word - I rule".  When it was my turn to get up there and sing a song on the fly, my word of inspiration was, "Give her something yellow, like a canary.."  Um, hello?  Perfect.  Then I sang a song about walking around in a towel because curtains are overrated.  Yep.

Ok, now that this is longest post ever, I'm off to bed.  Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?  Cody and I are headed to the Boat Show Friday evening...we may just come home with a yacht. 

8 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

that is some impressive nail-painting for a tyke!!! i found nash putting on my blush the other day-all over his face. it was soooo cute. i can't believe the things they pick up when you don't even realize they are paying attention. i say let him get the nail painting out of his system now and then you won't have a goth sixteen year-old with black nails later (maybe).

Kateastrophe said...

Ok your kids are SO CUTE. Sweet little Cole, I'm so glad he's feeling better.

PS we suck at getting in touch! Call me today at work and we'll catch up! I miss you!

Mwah

*katie said...

I love Gardner Village, we don't have any place quite as fun. And I miss the quilted bear too. Love 'em both!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love Gardner Village...next time you go call me! I live pretty close!

I think the nail-painting is hilarious...it just is a fun thing for kids to do!

Mark said...

:)

Sara said...

I love that cache painted his fingernails! And that he has such dexterity, He'll be making chaps and paints toes before you know it! And then he can teach Cole... In other news, Rosaline is totally NOT who I pictured, at all! YUCK, but everyone is seems pretty good, I guess....

The Gibson's said...

Hey lady. I just have to say that Donavin always wants his nails painted as well. however, if he did it by himself it would have been everywhere. Your blog is so dang cute. I started one and I am not very good at it. Maybe you could give me some pointers. luv cam

Andrea said...

Do banshees roll over? ;)