6.19.2008

Carnival Ride


Strawberries and Cream can only mean one thing - Strawberry Days in PG!  This weekend will be full of parades, rodeos, corndogs and carnival rides.  Stuff like this is so "Summer" to me - I just can't get enough of it.  This afternoon I took the boys up to see Cody at the Station and we had lunch at the Carnival at the park.  Cache had a blast!  He kept asking to ride the Ferris Wheel and was so brave when he went on a small roller coaster.  It was so fun watching him on the rides, and he was so patient while he waited for the operators to come over and lift him in the seat and buckle his seat belt.  I think one of my favorite things was when an operator came over to him and said, "You ready, sugar?"  I love it.


Here we are on the Carousel
He was all business on the Motorcycle.  Is it just me, or does anyone else think he resembles a young Steve McQueen in this picture?
I was so surprised that Cache wanted to ride this little coaster!  You can tell he was a bit spooked, but the girl he was sitting next to was really nice to him.  Hmmm, I may have to watch out for that when he gets older...
Spaceships!

Cache was heartbroken when we had to leave, but I promised that we would be back before too long.  Cody is helping out all weekend, so we'll be up there a lot!  If you're able, definitely take the kids up there - lots to do, so much fun. 

And now!  Some announcements - here we go:

1st - My dear friend Hannah is having her Grand Opening for her business tomorrow!  She is opening a Hot Dog truck aptly named "Frank's", which also happens to be her husband's name.  They have worked so hard to get this business up and running and I know they will be successful.  Good luck, guys!

2nd - Speaking of Grand Openings, Viking Cross Fit (Cody's Gym) is having their Grand Opening on Saturday!  Cody and two of his good friends from Orem Fire started the gym a few months ago and they have been working so hard.  It's sort of an open house from 10:00am - 4:00pm.  If you're in PG, you should definitely be stopping by to check out the action - they will be doing a few work outs in full Firefighter Gear!  Go to their link on my sidebar for more info...

3rd - And finally, I am joining the Etsy wagon.  Hopefully I will have my shop up and running by Monday, but that depends on how much I can get done this weekend (this crazy, jam-packed weekend).  Stay tuned!

9 comments:

HaLaine said...

Thanks for the shout out! And good luck on Saturday!!!

Little Megs said...

OMG! I agree! That picture of Cache looks exactly like the cover of "The Great Escape." Steve McQueen, mm mmm, not a bad person to resemble I must say!

Sara said...

Dang! I totally miss Stawberry days! How fun! Can't wait to see all the cute stuff you sell on esty! And good luck with the grand opening of Cody's gym!

Anonymous said...

How fun does that look! I heart summer! Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Just wait 'til your little guy starts school! When my older son started 1st grade, another mom notified me that Cody had a little girlfriend. I was shocked!

Hey I have family in PG. I will have to tell them about your hubby's gym! Good luck!

What do you do on Etsy? I love Estsy! I'll have to check it out!

Lisa/Scott said...

I love carnivals!! The Strawberry days Rodeo is within my stake boundaries, so every year we're asked to help set up and stuff. I love the grip that your little Cache has on the handle bars for that roller coaster ride. What a brave kid!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had bunches of fun... and some busy things ahead for you. Good luck!!

The Gibson's said...

I haven't got on your blog forever. Sounds like you are busy but having fun. I have days like your shopping day almost every other day. I hope all goes well with Cody's gym and good luck with all of your adventures

Tim and Angie said...

I love PG! Strawberry days are awesome and very summer. Good luck with all your exciting grand openings!