6.15.2008

Dad

My Dad.  Where to begin?  I honestly have been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of the perfect way to express how amazing he is.  How much I adore and admire him.  How much I depend on him.  How much I love him.

He always taught us to work hard - he made an entire day of cleaning the house or the garage.  One of his most famous phrases is, "Go do this, then report back to me".  Report back to me!  Ahh, good times.  He planned fabulous family vacations, family nights of launching rockets and he always ate cake batter with me.  He taught us how to live and love the Gospel.  He taught us to be good people - which meant shoveling the walk for the  grumpy old ladies who lived next door every Winter.  I have fond memories of going to the BYU track as a family and singing 'Music Man' around the piano.  I can't help but cry in gratitude for the incredible parents I have.  My dad constructed our frame, my Mom furnished the interior.  To my strong, brilliant, honest, solid, wonderful Father - I love you.  


And now we move to Gary, Cody's Dad.  Gary is phenomenal.  He is so humble, that is why I love to blog about him because he can't blush and shake his head when I talk about him.  He is like my Dad in so many ways, which is probably why I care so much for him.  He's also radical by association because he is married to my fabulous mother-in-law, Kathy (whom I love tremendously).  Cody is an amazing husband and father because of Gary's example.  Gary is so thoughtful and kind and genuine.  He helped us work on our house, is always stopping by to hang out for a bit and was my knight in shining armor when I needed a spider the size of Canada killed in my family room (true story).  I love him so much!


And at last, sweet Cody.  I think we all know what a Prince he is.  Cody is the greatest father to our kids.  They idolize him in every way - Cache loves to talk to Cody on the phone and say, "I look like you!".  He is a handsome devil, I can't deny it.  I love Cody so much.   Parenting isn't scary because I get to do it with him.  He is so good with our kids and works so hard to provide for our family.  He can fix and build anything.  And today just happens to be the 7 year anniversary of our first date!  He is so understanding and supportive of everything I do.  I love that we are building our family - it's such a cool thing to create a family of your very own with someone who is your entire world.  Dearest Cody, I love you with all my heart - thank you for being the best Dad to our boys!  With any luck, they will grow up to be just like you. 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are surrounded by great men in your life! Don't you just love Father's Day? Hope it was a great day in your home!

~j. said...

What a sweet tribute!

I just wanted to tell you that I still have a smile on my face from yesterday: "Really? Sisters, REALLY??" I should go to RS more often.

Anonymous said...

amen to all that...thank heaven for good dads and hubbys!

Andrea said...

Awww. We love the men in our lives. Great tribute to Dad and the Jolley greatness. Code is an awesome guy.
And.... only you would remember the 7 year anniversary of your first date. You can probably tell me mine with Scott! :-) xo

Sara said...

You are such a softie! How sweet! You are so blessed to have such wonderful men in your life! Hurray for dads and sweet husbands!

Brian said...

Jewels, you little sweetheart! Thank you for this kind blog, and for the wonderful Father's Day dinner at your home. I love you tremendously and am grateful to be your father. Now, post some pictures of my classic boat and then report back to me.

Love,
Dad

Jen said...

Awwwwwwww! What a sweet post!
Everyone say, HOLA!!!! To the greatest dads in the world!!!!

You are a lucky gal!