6.01.2008

June!

Happy June, everyone!  At long last, Summer is here.  The sun doesn't set until 9:00pm, the days are hot, and many Summer plans are on the horizon!  I love June.  Love it.  The whole feeling it brings is priceless, no?  That Summer excitement?  I think in honor of this glorious day, I will list some of my favorite things about Summer. 


1 - The sound of lawnmowers and the smell of freshly cut grass.
2 - Sleeping with the windows open.
3 - Snow cones
4 - BBQ's
5 - Eating outside in the shade.
5 - Swimming and lounging poolside
6 - Watermelon
7 - The smell of chlorine.  What?
8 - Tan lines
9 - Hanging flower pots
10 - Garden vegetables.

Now, it's only fair for you to tell me some of your favorite things.  Unless they're lame.  I don't want to hear about that stuff.

Another fun thing about Summer are all the City events that go on - the Freedom Festival and Strawberry Days.  Yesterday in PG was the Annual Fireman's Breakfast - there were SO many people!  Cody said they were cooking from 6:00am - 11:00am.  It's a huge tradition and it was an incredible turn out.  


We all wore our Fire T-shirts and Cache got to take a picture with Smokey.  He was excited...despite his look of terror in this picture.

Then last night we went over to Stan and Rebecca's house for a BBQ.  It was so much fun!  Their boys played with Cache in the backyard and Cole was content just hanging out in a swing.  The food was delish - we had such a great time.  We have to have them over for a payback BBQ.

Now then, without further ado, I'm off to enjoy this beautiful day.  Happy June!!


2 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

Isn't it nice to finally have good weather. It was so fun to hang out the other night...we really do need to do it more!

The Bastian's said...

Hey girl,

Sorry I missed your call. Ryan has been out of town with my phone. I will give you a call though! Thanks for the post, I LOVE JUNE!