6.05.2007

Fight

When Cody and I fight, we act like 10 year-olds. There's a lot of pouting and sulking...not much communicating or resolving. We don't fight often, but when we do it's the most annoying thing in the world. Last night we had a little tiff and we're both at fault - it was totally lame. I was being lame, he was being lame - put that together and you have two stupid people who deserve a 'time out'. Sometimes he makes me feel like the laziest wife in the world because I get so tired sometimes, so he'll sort of 'take over' everything - dinner, cleaning the kitchen, folding laundry - all the while telling me, "Just go relax, you said you were feeling wiped out so just go take a break". Ugh. I feel like he's saying, "If I want something done, I have to do it myself". On the flip side, I'm totally at fault. After him being at work for 36 hours, I want him to come home and be with the family. To spend time with Cache and I. So naturally I don't react well when he tells me he has errands to run or wants to go work out. That's not fair to him. I think it boils down to the fact that when we finally see each other we both want a break and the time do to our own thing, but that's not always a possibility. This weekend will be good, we'll get to spend some time together and be able to relax. Haha, maybe by the time we get home we'll be so sick of each other that we'll be excited for his 36 hour shift to start!

2 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

stevie bevie is not a firefighter with 36 hour shifts or we'd be in trouble! right now we pretty much run opposite schedules to facilitate a baby and two jobs. so, yeah, we never see each other. it's the same thing for us...if we're both home then we're both beat and we fight over who has to hold nash or do the dishes...man. let's just get housekeepers and nannies, yeah?

Kateastrophe said...

Ahhh spousal fights. So fun. Haha. Not. I'm with Lizzie. Let's all move into the same nieghborhood and get housekeepers and nannies.