6.11.2007

Powell Trip

Beautiful! Gorgeous! Wish you were here! Cody and I just got back from spending the weekend in Lake Powell. It was so fantastic, I didn't want to leave. The weather was perfect and we had a total blast! The day we left Provo, the temperature was in the 50's (a rather cold snap in the month of June) and it was overcast and gloomy. But we left this....

For this!

There was a lot of wake surfing - Cody and Jon mastered some new moves. We spent lots of time out on the water, it was beautiful.

Every day we stayed on the water until sunset - how can you beat that view?

Here are our friends Britt, Jon (surfing) and Dan.
Jon and Britt especially loved the sunshine!

Saturday night we drove into Page for dinner. Here's Cody and I as we were leaving the dock. Dinner was delish - we stopped at the grocery store on the way back to get stuff to make some rice krispie treats! On the way back to the boat, we noticed a huge fireworks show across the Lake - we stopped and watched for a while, it was awesome.


The next morning we got up early and drove to Antelope Canyon. It's so pretty - the canyon walls come straight out of the water and the water is so flat it's like a mirror. Jon opted to tour the canyon on a wave runner - here he is following the boat.


One morning Jon and Cody were having a pretty heated discussion over breakfast cereals. As you can see, most of us favor the sugary kinds...the lovely Britt just smiled for the camera hoping to avoid the debate!

It was the best trip, we had a great time. It was hard to leave, but at the same time we were excited to come home and see Cache! My family is taking a trip to Powell next month, I'll be counting the days until then...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing! I'm so glad that the weather was perfect...and I love those gorgeous sunsets~wish we could have come...we'll be looking forward to next year! Hope you got some sunshine for me!

Kateastrophe said...

YOU ARE BACK!!!!! I'm glad you had a good time but I'm so glad to have you back where i can call you all I want! Mwaaaah!

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous! i was hellishly cold here-made me wish we had decided to move to miami for school. you look so cute, little preggy! how did you manage the heat? i don't envy you being this far along over the summer-ugh! you're a trooper.

Rebecca said...

wow -looks absolutely breathtaking.

Did you waterski while pregnant?

That would be a feat.

Brillig said...

Do I get to hate you for being so stinking gorgeous even when you're pregnant? Cuz if I didn't ADORE you, I would be forced to throw rotten eggs at you in my deep-seeded bitterness and jealousy...

And I'm Powell's been so good to you!

Anonymous said...

Damn, brilliant pics. Safe to say that was an enjoyable day.

Cheers