7.01.2008

10 Years...


Ahh, my High School 10 Year Reunion!  Such a blast, I had the best time.  I am, however, super lame.  Why?  Considering that I normally take pictures of EVERYTHING, I hardly took any!!  I am so mad at myself - I got to see so many rad people from my High School days and not one photo to show for it.  The one photo I have?  Me, Hannah and Kate.  Um - girls I see all the time.  I'm an idiot. (Ew...and I hate me in that picture).

Moving on!  We met at the park on Saturday afternoon with everyone's kids - SO crazy to see your HS comrades with kids.  Afterwards I went to help set up at the Country Club - the place looked awesome.  Then I rushed home to finish printing the programs I made for the evening.  They turned out so great - 

The front and back...

I tried to make the inside look like a yearbook.  I heard that people were actually using the 'contact square' to write down people's info - yay!
The dinner that evening was a total blast!  It was great catching up with old friends (some of whom I went to Elementary School with!).  We stayed very close to Frank, Hannah, Kate, Derek and Camille - love them!  The program went really well - I was glad to go first so I could get my song out of the way.  I was super nervous/emotional - I was really trying to focus so that I wouldn't start crying (I sang a song to honor those students who have passed since graduation).  Afterwards we just walked around and chatted with everyone.  At one point the 7 of us went out on the patio and enjoyed some cool night air (it was SO hot inside).  That was one of my favorite moments!  All in all, I had a total blast.  I loved connecting with the people from HS and I hope that we stay in touch.  Go T-Birds!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, your reunion sounds so great! Hopefully no one who planned mine is reading this. Ours was okay but I think those programs are so cute and nice that you put an area for people to write down others info. You are super talented. I saw that Natalie Bobik offered to plan the next one. Natalie and I are old friends, she's so peppy! So glad you had a good time, and like me didn't take more photos, darn!

Anonymous said...

The programs turned out so cute!! You did a great job. I am sad I missed everyone, but I will for sure be there in 10 years!! Let's get together... I'm up for anything!

Sarah said...

How come I didn't realize you and Rich were only a year apart in school? Sounds like you had a great time. I can't believe it will be 10 years for me next year- crazy!

Sunny Jo said...

Hey girl!! It's Sunny Jo(Bartlett)!! I LOVE your blog girl!! I'm SO sad that I missed the reunion, but we were out of town!! Looks like you all had a great time!! I feel really bad that my name is on the programs!! I didn't even do anything except find a few people's email addresses!! You guys are all SO amazing, and worked SO hard to pull it off, and YOU DID!! Seriously, what would we do without Kim, she's SO great!! Anyways, hope your doing good!! I need to get ur email address so u can be invited onto my blog, its sunnyjomo@hotmail.com!!
By the way, i will be at the parade tomorrow!! I will look for ya in the crowd!!:)

The Bastian's said...

Hey girl, thanks for the update on the reunion. I know I should have gone...I heard a lot about how awesome your singing was and your wonderful programs. I wasn't that surprised to be honest, you always do way cool artsy stuff! I am glad you had a great time! Whit