7.25.2008

Undercover

This baffles me.  There is a home down the street that is replacing siding with stucco.  A swell upgrade, to be sure.  However, this house still has it's Christmas lights up.  Not on the entire house, just above the garage.  Which means at some point they took most of their lights down...just not the last strand.  I guess they are leaving them up seeing that we're more than halfway to Christmas, but I what I don't understand is why they are leaving them up while they are putting stucco on their house!  They have to work around this one strand of lights to get the stucco up.  Hello??

So here is my solution - I will dress as a ninja.  Under the cover of night, I will swiftly venture to their home while they are deep in slumber.  I am able to move quickly by the light of the moon.  Once I am silently perched upon their roof, I will identify the estranged strand of lights, effortlessly swipe them while doing 3 flips in the air and disappear into the darkness.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! And then proudly hang them in the front of your yard when Christmastime comes around. Behold, your treasure!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

you're too funny. there was a house in my nieghborhood growing up that had the same blue christmas lights and stenciled faux snow decor up year round. for about ten years. then i moved-maybe still there?

Natalie & Chase Gustman said...

CAN I COME!

HaLaine said...

Um you crack me up.
And I'm sad you won't be there on Tuesday...I shall miss thee...

Lucrecia said...

Are you talking s#@! about my house?!? I only ask because I have a single strand of lights on mine still. Brook took almost all of them off when he was painting the house. Did he complete the job I ask? nooOOO!