7.11.2008

The long and short of it...


To cut or not to cut?  This is my current question.  I recently have been tempted to snip my locks into a (hopefully) cool, edgy, sexy bob.  In February I cut 7 inches off my hair and have loved it!  I have recently gone Platinum (again) and am seriously considering going all 'Marilyn' on my hair.  Well, Marilyn with a modern twist.  

But you can understand my hesitation, right?  There is such a comfort and a security tied to long hair - it's feminine and beautiful, basically fool proof.  There are moments when I think, "Whatever man - just cut it!".  And then instantly counter with, "Oh dear...what if I look horrific?  What if I hate it?".  

I'm thinking something A-line, a bit higher in the back and longer in the front.  I think I want it to stay Platinum and I want it to be modern and edgy, but still be able to make it pretty and girly.  Oh rapture, is there such a cut?  

Lets be honest, I've been talking about doing this to my hair for years.  I am obsessed with old movies - all of which showcase a glamorous starlet with short hair.  If I don't do it now, my hair will just get longer and it will be harder for me to cut it off.  So I should just do it...right?  

13 comments:

HaLaine said...

YES AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO SHEP AND I HAVE TO BE THERE!!! I trust no one else with my hair do's anymore...

Anonymous said...

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Tayva said...

Well, the good news is that it will grow back, about 1/2-3/4" per month (do some math: about Christmas or Valentine's to be back again where you are now?) Or, you could not do it and never know! OR, you could absolutely LOVE it and wonder why you waited so long. No risk and a great adventure, and you'll always be beautiful. I'd go for it. XO, Mommy

The Gibson's said...

You probably don't care for my opion but I think you should do it. It will always grow back.

The Bastian's said...

You could pull it off for sure!

Andrea said...

Oh just do it already. You'll look amazing. Anyone can do long hair. Yawn.
And I still think you'd be a steamy brunette but I'll take what I can get.... CUT IT.

oh snap said...

Call Shep and get it cut.

You'll look hot.

Mix it up!!

Jessica said...

Remember what I said before... if you have a short haircut you have to do your hair daily- no more ponytails! But as a person with short hair for years, it is the best thing because you always feel like you're "done" for the day. Call Shep, 373-4085, I trust him 100%.(He is booking into September) And if you do it, you have to buy the brush Shep sells at his salon. It is the only tool you will need to style your hair!

Jewels said...

...are you saying that I never do my hair?

Cordell and McCall said...

DO IT!!! I wish I was that brave! I think you will look awesome!

Lisa/Scott said...

Have you heard of extensions.com? I have short hair, but I have clip in extensions for the days I miss having long hair. Like you, I change back and forth constantly, and this has solved my problem. If you invest in extensions though, make sure their real hair and not synthetic. It's a good website, and I've spent over a thousand dollars on extensions at professional salons and the little clip ins that I found online look just as good for a fraction of the price. I highly recommend it.

Anonymous said...

I've never been blessed with long hair - but I love my short hair!! Go for it... and post pictures!

Lucrecia said...

do it to it!