7.21.2008

Ketchup

I don't know about you, but I have had a fabulous couple of days!  Wednesday night Cody and I went up to Park City with Chase, Natalie, Jake and Brylee.  I haven't been to Park City FOREVER and we had a total blast!  We road the Roller Coaster and the Alpine Slide and I provided most of the screaming.  Lucky for you, Natalie brought her camera and was able to take a picture of Cody and I before our first run on the Roller Coaster.

Note the terror, the fear in my eyes.  I am such a pansy.  It's sad, really, but I've come to live with it.  Cody was very forgiving at my screaming in his ears for 3 straight minutes.  But I LOVED it and can't wait to try it again!  Want to go?  Lets go.

Chase, Jake and Brylee
Natalie and Chase before the coaster!
Natalie and I finishing our run on the slides.  Pretty sure I screamed enough for both of us.
The evening ended with dinner and eating some ice cream at our house.  Good times, my friends - good times. 

On Thursday I was able to go to lunch with my beautiful Mother and sis-in-law, Jess.  It was great to see my little nephew Graham and catch up!  Afterwards...we did some Halloween shopping.  Mock not!  If you know me at all, Halloween is sacred to my family.  We live for it, we breathe it - it consumes our very souls.  We go shopping together every year and pour over every detail and examine every angle of a tempting item before it is carefully placed in the cart (ok...that may not always be true.  Sometimes it's just, 'Wow that's great and it's Halloween and I must have it!').  The shelves are freshly stocked with spooky items and we were there to pounce on the goodies that were so new they still smelled of wet paint.  My Mom and I left with some real treasures and I can't WAIT to get them on display! 

Thursday was just a warm up, you see.  Andrea came into town and the 4 of us met up Friday morning to do more Holiday shopping.  This was the first year Jess could join us for our Halloween shopping trip and she was a natural!  We started at Gardner Village and did some serious stocking up.  We then did some damage at the fabric store and the bakery (donuts were involved).  We wrapped up the day at Tai Pan where I found a plethora of trivial items to sprinkle around my home.  It was a great shopping trip...and I'm sure it's not the last before Halloween!  I better get to designing my invitations, and planning my party, and figuring out what Cody and I are going to be this year!  Goodness me, I only have 3 months!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe ~ you have been so busy! Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

Sara said...

Of course you went shopping for Halloween in July. Of course cause its right around the corner! I think I have a plug in pumkin somewhere around here..... Ahh I need my halloween loving/christmas decorating friend to come to Vegas and give me some decorating pointers. (in the appropriate months of course...)

Yennigirl said...

Hi Julia, you probably don't remember me - I used to be in the 37th ward with you. My name is Jenny (Poulsen) Bybee (my sister Emily was about your age) and was friends with Andrea. I would love to get a hold of her if possible. Will you email me her email address? jenny@bybeecreative.com
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love the look on your face in that first picture. hahaha. Reminds me of the time we went on that stupid swing at MGM Grand . . . YIKES!

Have I mentioned that I miss you and it's been like ten years since we talked? Yeah, that sucks.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos..! Well, thanks for sharing your Halloween shopping experiences.