5.19.2008

B. Lessed

Yesterday we blessed baby Cole!...finally.  Not sure why it took us so long - he's old enough to be driving, he could  have blessed himself.  It was awesome - we did it yesterday evening at our home and it was so great to have our friends and family here!  Thank you to everyone who came and participated - Dad, Bishop, Marty, Rich, Tom, Jim, Jon and Adam.  Cody did a beautiful Job, I was so proud of him!  Cole was so good during the blessing - I wasn't sure if he would be freaking out, but he was quiet and happy.  Afterwards we had some treats and mingled.  

Here are the girls dishing in the kitchen - I love these ladies so much!  Heather, Ann and Britt.  Isn't Ann's expression priceless?

Rich, Marty and Tom discussing....I don't know what.  Isn't Rich so handsome?  He's available, ladies!

My Mom, Jess and Kathy (Cody's Mom) in deep conversation while my Dad messes with Cache.
 
Gary (Cody's Dad) was working and sadly missed the blessing, but he was able to come by and spend some time with us before he was whisked away on call.

After everyone left, both of our boys fell asleep within 20 minutes - they were OUT!  We put them to bed early and didn't hear a thing until this morning - poor little dudes were plum tuckered.


It was a beautiful evening - thanks again to everyone who came down.  We love you all so much and you mean the world to our family.  We have loved having baby Cole in our lives and I can't wait to see what an amazing young man he will grow into!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you hadn't blessed him. You're funny. "He could have blessed himself" just made me snort juice out of my nose.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i'm with kate-you're one funny girl. congrats on the blessing. i really like the idea of doing it at home and think we might do that this time around (haven will be blessed in just three weeks!).

Lisa/Scott said...

Congrats! Me and all my siblings were blessed at home too. I like it because it's more personal I think. I'm not sure when we're going to bless my upcoming son, I'd like to wait until Scott's family from Philly are in town. What a cute little boy he is!

Anonymous said...

What a cute boy. Is that your house in the pictures? It looks so nice. I am glad he finally got blessed. We didn't bless Syd (our second) until she was 4 1/2 months! Congrats! Sounds like a great day!

Unknown said...

my look is not so much 'PRICELESS" , I might call it "wall-eyed"

Adam Harward said...

Thanks for having Jewels......Cole is such a cute little guy....It's nice that he now has a name. I'm just kidding with you. I love your new blog look by the way.

The Bastian's said...

Congratulations!! That explains why when we called out Gary he said, "This better be good" Cole is such a cutie, I am glad all went well!!

Mark said...

Okay, I know this is a weird question, but how do I know Tom?