5.21.2008

Crazy Crafty


I want an Art Room.  In my parents old house, there was an entire room dedicated to creating.  There was a huge table, a concrete floor and all the tricks of the trade - fabric, paper, ribbon, markers, glue, sequins, etc.  The best part?  We didn't have to clean up after ourselves.  The room was free to mess up.  I mean, naturally, we did clean it from time to time, we weren't savages.  There's something very rewarding about looking over a craft surface and seeing scars from the past - dried paint and scissor dents.  Ahhh, the beauty of creativity.    

Where do I create now, you ask?  Here.  Right here at my desk.  Those who have seen this desk know of it's impressive size.  Cody built it and it is, I must admit, ginormous.  But when I litter it with my sewing machine, crafts for the girls trip, paper and trim, it suddenly becomes a soup bowl of chaos.  In which I always lose my scissors.  I have so many ideas in my head that it's overwhelming.  Remember the sewing of onesies?  Yes well, I'm still doing that, just not as often as I'd like.  And I need to get on it.  Of course, that's not the only project I have swimming in my mind pool.  I have Holiday crafts, ideas for event invites, party ideas, card ideas...I need a place were I can spread everything out and get to work!  

Can I still create masterpieces on my wee little desk?  Of course I can, I'm Julia Jolley! (Tosses hair over shoulder).  But until I can have a little craft place of my own, I'll blame my lack of productivity on the absence of a coveted Art Room.

8 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i LOVED the art room at your parent's old place. it's totally on my list of "must-haves" when i build a house. your parents are so cool.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was crafty... so a craft room would do me no good, except get me stressed when my kids came and tried to be crafty and I was left with the mess. If I could have a room though, hmmm.... I would have to have a work out room with a jacuzzi. I'm sure the jacuzzi would be used much more than anything else!

Anonymous said...

If I had an art room, it would be the saddest of all rooms! I am SO not creative.

I do miss the art room at your old house. Good times in there!!

The Gibson's said...

I was left off. Your blog is so cute. here is my info

Anonymous said...

you are crafty...with or without a special room!

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's me again! We've decided to go private. I would love to keep in touch. Email me at: shauneeadams1@gmail.com so I can send you an invite!

Anonymous said...

It's funny you should mention the art room in your Mom's old house. I have an art room now on the 3rd floor, in part because I remember how cool the one at your Mom's house was. I always thought that house was awesome!

Unknown said...

i want a little room of my own too. an art room sounds so cool!