5.17.2008

Sir Grump


I have been absent from blogging.  Why?  I'm in grump mode.  I don't know what it is, but the past few days have been gloomy in the land of Jolley.  Ironic, no?  I mean, the rest of my family seems to be as happy as crickets - but not me.  Not Mommy Jolley.  Ugh.  I want to shake it, but my grumpiness will not allow it.  So I spend all day in my cloud of gloom - getting my hopes up for certain things and then watch as those hopes are dashed.  

I think, "Maybe we could do this!"  
to which Sir Grump answers, "No...not today."  
"Or what if we do this instead?  That would be fun!" 
"Yes, it would be fun, but fun is out of the question."
"Ok...what if"
"No."
"Not even..."
"Nope."
"Um...sulking?"  
"Yes, sulking would be fine.  Do that.  Sulk".

I guess that means I'll be spending another downer evening in sweats eating lots of ice cream.  Oh yeah, we're out of ice cream.  Figures.

5 comments:

Tayva said...

Dearest "Sir Grump" (whom I love so much, and who I understand more than she realizes); it's okay to have a grumpy few days with ice cream! (or cookie dough) This, too, will pass. It really will! Love you, Mumsy

Anonymous said...

Oh Jewels I'm sorry that you are feeling down in the dumps! We all have those moments! Have some ice cream on me!

And...I will give you a big hug tomorrow when we see you! So will Stella...and I know that will help!

HaLaine said...

Ah Lame. I was so looking forward to our dates tonight...but we shall reschedule...keep your chin up and eat a gallon for me.

Tanya Quinn said...

You're sad because I'm so far away. It's okay to admit it.

The Bastian's said...

I am right there with ya sister. I am sorry your here! Give me a call and we can be funny grumpies together!