4.24.2007

Bridal Shower

What a night! It was quite a successful little party and I'm glad it turned out so well. It took a lot of work, but it was all worth it! The house looked perfect (Natalie was gracious enough to let me host the party at her house) and she got some great stuff. I have many a picture to post, so get ready!

This was a little nook between the kitchen and the living room - this is where some of the lovely martini glasses were with the favors for the guests. The little favors were really fun, just some pink mints wrapped it tulle with black ribbon (thanks to Ann for letting me use her black cake plate). Note - I did not enhance this picture, turns out the glaring color of the pink is quite vivid on film!

I wanted the theme to be "60's sex kitten lounge" - ish, so we used lots of animal print pillows and throws which Natalie had on hand - who knew! The living room looked so awesome. I even draped some lingerie across the table and from some shelves...

This was an "Oath of Secrecy" that the guests signed. Perfect way for Natalie to remember who came to her shower!

Ahhh, the spread. I am pretty proud of this sugary table. I had a picture of a pin-up hung on the wall that read "Come and get it!"

This was really easy to put together. I put Ring Pops in a heart shaped pan for all the guests to wear during the evening. Fresh strawberries, starburst, pink mints, pecan sandies and cream puffs dusted with powdered sugar (ALL store bought, can't beat that!). The punch was just strawberry 7-up with frozen strawberries floating in it to keep it cold.

I brought my veil so Natalie could wear it during a game. I asked Ryan a bunch of questions and if she got the answer right, she got a rose to create a bridal bouquet!

This is Natalie's friend, Tierra. Along with the lounge theme, I encouraged guests to dress with a pin-up flare. Tierra won the coveted pink boa for arriving not only in fishnets, but in a corset!! She looks fabulous, what a dish.

Natalie got so much stuff! I was little jealous, may have to do some shopping for myself tomorrow...

Me and the bride. We were wearing red lipstick for the retro theme (a lot of the girls did) and it was a bit too bright for the camera! Sepia is a little easier on the eyes. Ahh, the party was a smash hit and everyone seemed to have a great time. It was so much fun to do this for Natalie! Now I think I will take off my heels and climb into bed...throwing parties makes me sleepy.

4 comments:

Brillig said...

Girl, you seriously know how to do a party right. That looks like it was so much fun!!! And aren't you like super pregnant and stuff? Sheesh! I'd have just curled up in a ball and never gone anywhere. I'm SO impressed.

Kateastrophe said...

I bow to your sassiness and creativity.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party! Nice job Jewels...I bet your cousin had the best time!

Melissavina said...

You have some GREAT ideas! I'm going to have to steal some of them from you. I just wish my sister in law had her shower BEFORE I read this.