4.30.2007

Lots and Lots

What a glorious weekend! The weather was soooo beautiful, I spent most of the weekend outside. I actually took some time to lay out on Friday afternoon and it was Heavenly! Mmmm, so relaxing. Cody and I took a trip to Home Depot and finally bought some flowers for our front planters. It looks all Summery now! I should take a picture, I'm quite proud of how they look.
My friend Kate flew in this weekend and I got to spend most of the day on Saturday with her! We drove around and went to lunch, we had such a blast. We ate at Burger Supreme (one of my favorite places on Earth...obviously)...

...and later quenched her 'Baja Blast' fix at Taco Bell (where we spent most of our High School lunches).

We got some great pictures and I must say that I love Provo - it's such a pretty place and this time of year is one of my favorites.


Saturday night we went to see "Blades of Glory" with our friends Jon and Brittany. The movie is what you would expect - shallow, crass, but still super funny! The best news of all - we found out that Jon and Britt just bought a house that is literally 30 seconds from our house!!! They came over Wednesday night after they walked through it and told us they were thinking about putting in an offer. I am SO stoked that they will be living so close! They close in just a few weeks, I'm so happy for them. Now if only I could get everyone else to move into my neighborhood...


There are so many things I want to do to my house. Some are simple, like painting a room or a cabinet in the bathroom. Others, not so simple - like replacing our front door and installing a new counter top for our Master Bath. One of these days I'm going to set aside a few hours, go to Home Depot and just buy everything I need to complete the little projects I want to do. If I were as savvy as this lovely lady in safety goggles, I'm sure I could tackle each home improvement project I have in mind and complete it in record time. However, I don't know that I trust myself to actually finish something and have it look great. Of course, if any of you have any home improvement skills or tips you would like to share, by all means - let me know! I will probably be up to my arms in caulk and will be in dire need of your assistance...

3 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

It was so glorious to spend the day with you! LOVE YOU!

Kateastrophe said...

Oh, also? The new countertop is SURPRISINGLY easy to install. I know you've done some faucet/plumbing stuff, so you can seriously handle it. I was surprised by how easy it was to install ours. Just rip out the old stuff, plop in the new, and caulk. Viola!

Brillig said...

Aaaah, that Taco Bell. Sniff. So many beautiful memories. Sigh.