4.15.2007

If My Life Was a Movie...


If my life was a movie, what would my soundtrack be?




Here's how it works:
1. Open your music library
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.

Opening Credits: "Living and Living Well" by George Strait (Cody and I share our music library, can you tell?). Actually, I do like George - and I can totally see this song at the beginning of a movie.

Waking Up: "Can't Stop Now" by Keane. Hahaha, this actually is a great wake up song. I love it - it's perfect for that.

First Day of School: "Doo Wop (That Thing)" by Lauryn Hill. I used to LOVE this song when I lived in Vegas. Great High School song, still dig it.

In Love: "A Real Fine Place to Start" by Sarah Evans. No way! K, hilarious. This song totally makes me think of Cody - when I first heard it I thought about the Summer that Cody and I met. The video for this song also has a young couple riding around on a Motorcycle, so it's the perfect song for being in love.

Fight Song: "Don't Let Him Go" by REO Speedwagon. HA! Despite the title, this song it actually really fast and fiesty - so 80's, I love it.

Breaking Up: "I'm Movin' On" by Rascal Flatts. Break my heart, this song is so rad.

Prom: "Good Night My Love" by Harry Connick, Jr. Ahhh, it's a beautiful song - perfect for dancing.

Life's OK: "Forever" by The Explorers Club. YAY! HAHAHAHA! I totally found this song on iTunes by chance one day - it sounds like a 60's, surfer-beachy song. It's so great! Man, I LOVE that this song just came on. Now I must listen to it.

Mental Breakdown: "Jump" by Simple Plan. Um, not so much a breakdown song, unless you consider the title..I guess. Oh wait, now I'm listening to the lyrics more closely - dude...this song is a perfect breakdown song!

Driving: "I'm Not at All In Love" by Doris Day. Yeah....well, I do love old movies and old musicals, so it's not unusual for me to be driving around singing my heart out to something like this!

Flashback: "Any Dream Will Do" Jospeh and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Oh, how funny is this? Everytime I listen to this soundtrack I think of doing this play in 8th grade. Pretty sweet flashback!

Getting Back Together: "Passenger Seat" by Stephen Speaks. No way, Kate! This is a great back together song, super mellow and summery. Mmmm, I forgot how much I love this song...

Wedding: "I'll Be With You in Apple Blossom Time" by The Andrews Sisters. Aww, this kind of reminds me of my wedding!

Birth of Child: "Angel Boy" by Tim McGraw. Ok, like I said - Cody and I share. I don't even really know this song? But the title is good...

Final Battle: "Time After Time" by Quietdrive. See, this is slower than a final battle should be...unless we're in dramatic slo-mo. I do love this song, though.

Death Scene: "Final Countdown" by Europe. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok, normally I would have wanted this for the final battle, but I do enjoy it for a death scene. AHHH! Anyone who doesn't know this song right off the bat - go find it online somewhere and listen to a snipit, then you'll realize why I have tears rolling down my face in laughter. It's super 80's glam space rock. That's awesome, this song is so funny.

Funeral Song: "Nothing Takes The Place of You" by Toussaint Mccall. Wow. This really sounds like a funeral song. Maybe that's because there's an organ in the background? Hmmm, it is a 60's song, so maybe they could get away with Organs in slow songs back then.

End Credits: "Stickshifts and Safetybelts" by Cake. Oh dear! Very uppity and dance-y. Perfect way for my movie to end!

If you are reading this, you should do this on your blog! I would love to see what everyone comes up with - it also may give me some new songs to look up...

3 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

HAHAHAHHA. I LOVE IT! This is the most fun!

The Bastian's said...

uh, I am a little embarrased to admit, I have a lot of songs to look up!! Cute post though, its a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh, sure. Blame your husband for the weird ones... Right....

This was fun to read! One of these days I'll get around to this one. But, as I said on Kate's, I think I'll be really boring in comparison.

Love ya!